NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think I'd take him out the rest of this game, sit him in Game 2, then try to bring him back in game 3 if he's up to it.

But it starting to feel like they are going to end up having to shut him down for the season because he keeps reaggravating it on the most routine looking plays.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think I'd take him out the rest of this game, sit him in Game 2, then try to bring him back in game 3 if he's up to it.

But it starting to feel like they are going to end up having to shut him down for the season because he keeps reaggravating it on the most routine looking plays.
The way the knee jarred and shook when he landed on it coupled with the look on his face makes me think he tore something.

He might be out well into next season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sixers have went ice cold the last ten minutes and every thing is falling for the knicks. Then Embiid is hurt…

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is ridiculous. Obvious over the back on NY, but not called. Like they need any more help now. :lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
God damn they don't call SHIT against the Knicks. Good god.

There was a play earlier someone had an armful of Embiid's jersey. Nearly undressed him.

Not just no call, but out on the Sixers, Knicks ball. Such bullshit. All fucking game.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

I don't know about game 3, but even if he's able to play again today I'd hold him out and concede today. I'd play him game 2 though if he can go.

But I agree with nodak, I think this is a season ender. That looks in his eyes was not good.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Holy shit. Ran downtown to grab something to eat, and come back to see Embiid playing?!?

They better pull off this comeback win to make putting him back on it worth it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It is astounding the difference Embiid makes for the sixers. They outscored the knicks 36-21 in the 3rd with him, and were dominated and outscored in the 2nd without him 33-12.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Holy shit. Ran downtown to grab something to eat, and come back to see Embiid playing?!?

They better pull off this comeback win to make putting him back on it worth it.
I thought he was done too. Lisa Salters reported that Embiid knows that his knee is going to feel funny from time to time, but that it's fine and structurally sound. Says it's more of a mental thing.

Hopefully that's the case.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Let's talk about the supposed GOAT of the NBA. Last night you could look at his box score and say he had a great game, while ignoring his 7 turnovers, or you can ask yourself why did he only attempt 2 meaningless shots in the 4th after the game was already decided?

One of two things come to mind:

1. Either the supposed GOAT didn't want the burden of winning the game on his shoulders. OR

2. He was a tired old man in a young man's league by the 4th despite 4 days rest.

Genghis Khan

Wait, what? Are you being serious?

I think it's aimed at me but he's very much mischaracterizing what I said.

I said:

By the way, Doncic for MVP. Jokic is so overrated.

I stand by both statements (Doncic for MVP, Jokic is overrated).

I believe scoring is the most important stat. The modern NBA analytics puts too much emphasis on other things (since I have to emphasize the obvious apparently, that doesn't mean other things aren't important).

As I said above, obviously jokic is great but I think the narrative has gotten too out of hand with him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Didn't realize y'all were beefing on this. I will retreat to the shadows.

Genghis Khan

Let's talk about the supposed GOAT of the NBA. Last night you could look at his box score and say he had a great game, while ignoring his 7 turnovers, or you can ask yourself why did he only attempt 2 meaningless shots in the 4th after the game was already decided?

One of two things come to mind:

1. Either the supposed GOAT didn't want the burden of winning the game on his shoulders. OR

2. He was a tired old man in a young man's league by the 4th despite 4 days rest.

Lebron? I mean yeah, he's old now.

Top Bottom