NBA Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Except I doubt LeBron is leaving Miami. Pop in Luol Deng there though.

I'd actually kinda like the Bulls to maybe try to get Gasol to backup Noah.
:lol Ya, pop in Deng. No thanks. That lineup was in jest, obviously, but with what we'll have to spend its possible.

But if you won't let me have my Bron Bron deam, we'll just take Jabari Parker at SFand let Avery or a FA take on the PG spot. Hell, maybe even Melo. Either way, we will eventually be loaded again.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol Ya, pop in Deng. No thanks. That lineup was in jest, obviously, but with what we'll have to spend its possible.

But if you won't let me have my Bron Bron deam, we'll just take Jabari Parker at SFand let Avery or a FA take on the PG spot. Hell, maybe even Melo. Either way, we will eventually be loaded again.
Explain to me how you are drafting the player who is going first or second overall in the draft again? Aren't you slated to be picking like 8th right now?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What would be the point of that?
Noah-Taj-Mirotic-Gasol would be a disgusting front court. It has hustle and rebounding (Noah), it has excellent inside and outside lock down defense (Taj), it has range to spread the floor (Mirotic) and it has one of the better remaining post games (Gasol).

You could destroy any front court matchup with that group.

With Mirotic and Taj both seeing time in front heavy sets at SF, since our other SFs will be Butler and a rookie, most likely.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Noah-Taj-Mirotic-Gasol would be a disgusting front court. It has hustle and rebounding (Noah), it has excellent inside and outside lock down defense (Taj), it has range to spread the floor (Mirotic) and it has one of the better remaining post games (Gasol).

You could destroy any front court matchup with that group.

With Mirotic and Taj both seeing time in front heavy sets at SF, since our other SFs will be Butler and a rookie, most likely.
If we want Gasol we can sign him as a free agent after the season, I wouldn't give up anything for him to have him for the next 2-3 months.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Bulls need another guard so when Mr. Glass breaks again you won't lose a beat.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
76ers send Evan Turner to the Pacers for Danny Granger

That's a big acquisition for the Pacers.

D

Deuce

Explain to me how you are drafting the player who is going first or second overall in the draft again? Aren't you slated to be picking like 8th right now?
We're going to lose a lot of games down the stretch and hey, there's a lottery. We can easily end up in the top 3.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If we want Gasol we can sign him as a free agent after the season, I wouldn't give up anything for him to have him for the next 2-3 months.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sign him as a FA.

We aren't going to have the cap space to make a run at a Carmelo, even if we amnesty Boozer. We'd also have to ditch Taj and MDJ.

So in the absence of that, use your two first round picks on young wing shooters and rebuild your front court. Noah-Taj-Mirotic-Gasol perfectly compliment each other (much more than Noah-Taj-Boozer-Muhammed), it opens up the lane with both Gasol and Mirotic capable of stepping out a little bit, and you've got rookie shooters clearing the lane for Rose even more when he gets back.

You've also got your lockdown wing defender of the future in Butler. Say your draft picks are say, James Young and Rodney Hood (see http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/ -- wouldn't be too far off). Those are both capable shooters as well.

That gives the Bulls a dominant front court, wing shooters to space the floor, great defense both up front and in the back court, and Rose returning.

If Rose is back to form, that team can compete for a championship in the next couple years.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love what Philly did today...clear the decks. Even after sending a 2nd for Mullens we have 2 firsts and 8 seconds in this draft. Nice leverage to have...and the tank is in overdrive now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sign him as a FA.

We aren't going to have the cap space to make a run at a Carmelo, even if we amnesty Boozer. We'd also have to ditch Taj and MDJ.

So in the absence of that, use your two first round picks on young wing shooters and rebuild your front court. Noah-Taj-Mirotic-Gasol perfectly compliment each other (much more than Noah-Taj-Boozer-Muhammed), it opens up the lane with both Gasol and Mirotic capable of stepping out a little bit, and you've got rookie shooters clearing the lane for Rose even more when he gets back.

You've also got your lockdown wing defender of the future in Butler. Say your draft picks are say, James Young and Rodney Hood (see http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/ -- wouldn't be too far off). Those are both capable shooters as well.

That gives the Bulls a dominant front court, wing shooters to space the floor, great defense both up front and in the back court, and Rose returning.

If Rose is back to form, that team can compete for a championship in the next couple years.
I'd be fine with that for the most part although I'd be surprised if we could get both Young and Hood.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I love what Philly did today...clear the decks. Even after sending a 2nd for Mullens we have 2 firsts and 8 seconds in this draft. Nice leverage to have...and the tank is in overdrive now.
I like what Philly did and I'm very happy to see Turner gone, but picking up Granger is a curious move. Maybe I don't understand the cap, but the Sixers are way under the cap anyway so I don't see the point of picking up Granger's expiring contract.

Genghis Khan

76ers send Evan Turner to the Pacers for Danny Granger

That's a big acquisition for the Pacers.
I don't see that as a big acquisition for Indy. I think it's risky honestly. Turner averages 17 ppg but he takes like 16 shots a game. He's a volume player on a bad team. He doesn't do anything particularly well. Not sure where he fits on Indiana.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like what Philly did and I'm very happy to see Turner gone, but picking up Granger is a curious move. Maybe I don't understand the cap, but the Sixers are way under the cap anyway so I don't see the point of picking up Granger's expiring contract.
I think it gets them above salary minimum. It also makes the team weaker...helping with the tank. I think we owed another year on Allen...so it was good to get out from under that too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would not be surprised if Granger got bought out...Orlando bought out Big Baby...sure he is headed to LA with Doc.

Genghis Khan

Granger will almost definitely get bought out.

I don't see the competitive value in that.

Top Bottom