NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
MCW is Eastern Conference Player of the Week in his first week in the league. Shaq is the only other player to do that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was not a fan of the MCW selection. At that point I want Shabazz Muhanammed. Glad I was wrong about him. I am very excited to see him continue and am very impressed at how he can get to the rim. He has some traits of Rondo to him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just think, approx. a week ago Tony was all pissy & complaining about all the Bulls talk because the Sixers were projected to win 4 games.

Now he's giddy and you can't shut him up about MCW.

[Berman voice] That's why the play the games. [/Berman voice]

Carp

DCC 4Life
MCW is a great person though, while Rose probably touches children.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Allen Iverson must not have any real friends.

Because a real friend will tell a man who's damn near 40 to stop dressing like a 19 year old.

IJS

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sixers jumped 20 spots in the ESPN.com Power Rankings.

I don't think I've ever seen a team make that large of a jump in the power rankings in any sport.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Just think, approx. a week ago Tony was all pissy & complaining about all the Bulls talk because the Sixers were projected to win 4 games.

Now he's giddy and you can't shut him up about MCW.

[Berman voice] That's why the play the games. [/Berman voice]
Ha, listen, when you posted Westbrook's stats the other night I was probably the only guy that read that. I'm a stats junkie.

I'm just surprised at how well MCW is playing. Most everybody was saying it was a bad pick and that he can't shoot and will turn the ball over a ton. That we'll have to look at PG again in next year's draft with one of our two picks, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I still think they are a bad team in the long run and will be at the bottom of the league when it's all said and done. Once they lose a couple in a row it'll be all downhill from there. 25 wins tops.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That's more like it. Sixers lose by 20 and it wasn't even that close. Warriors could've won by 50 if they wanted.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was looking forward to watching Rockets at the Clippers on NBA TV but apparently even that channel gets blacked out by that stupid comcast sports net agreement.

:mad

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I was looking forward to watching Rockets at the Clippers on NBA TV but apparently even that channel gets blacked out by that stupid comcast sports net agreement.

:mad
Sounds like you need information regarding where to find streaming online feeds.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sounds like he needs to move or sign up for Comcast.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Knicks fell to 1-3 and lost to the Bobcats of all teams. It's early, but that team could be in trouble, especially if Chandler misses significant time.

The Mavs improved to 3-1 with Monta Ellis scoring another 30 points. Nice start, but they got off to a decent start last year and they ended up having their worst season in over a decade.

Dwight Howard had his best game as a Rocket: 29 points and 13 boards. If he returns to being the old Dwight, then I see the Rockets being one of the last 4 teams standing at the end of the season.

The Pacers haven't exactly played the toughest schedule around, but they are 4-0 and Paul George is averaging 27 a game. I still think they need more from Hibbert if they are to have a real chance at unseating the Heat.

And finally, Brook Lopez is having one heck of a young season. If not for him, I think Brooklyn wouldn't even be in the win column yet.

Last edited:

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The Knicks fell to 1-3 and lost to the Bobcats of all teams. It's early, but that team could be in trouble, especially if Chandler misses significant time.

The Mavs improved to 3-1 with Monta Ellis scoring another 30 points. Nice start, but they got off to a decent start last year and they ended up having their worst season in over a decade.

Dwight Howard had his best game as a Rocket: 29 points and 13 boards. If he returns to being the old Dwight, then I see the Rockets being one of the last 4 teams standing at the end of the season.

The Nets haven't exactly played the toughest schedule around, but they are 4-0 and Paul George is averaging 27 a game. I still think they need more from Hibbert if they are to have a real chance at unseating the Heat.

And finally, Brook Lopez is having one heck of a young season. If not for him, I think Brooklyn wouldn't even be in the win column yet.
Nets are 2-2, Pacers are 4-0.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Another playoff caliber team that is really struggling is the Nuggets.

They haven't won a game yet.

Like Ace said, it's early, but the firing of George Karl (who was named Coach of the Year BTW) looks like an idiotic decision.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Tyson Chandler is out 4-6 weeks with a leg fracture.

Per SI.com: Brutal news for a Knicks team that had been holding its own defensively this season: According to the team (via Ian Begley of ESPN New York), Tyson Chandler, the rim protector at the core of New York’s defensive structure, will miss 4-6 weeks of game action after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his right fibula. This particular fracture will not require surgery.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Tyson Chandler is out 4-6 weeks with a leg fracture.

Per SI.com: Brutal news for a Knicks team that had been holding its own defensively this season: According to the team (via Ian Begley of ESPN New York), Tyson Chandler, the rim protector at the core of New York’s defensive structure, will miss 4-6 weeks of game action after suffering a non-displaced fracture in his right fibula. This particular fracture will not require surgery.
Yep, he's actually a very important piece to their team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Another playoff caliber team that is really struggling is the Nuggets.

They haven't won a game yet.

Like Ace said, it's early, but the firing of George Karl (who was named Coach of the Year BTW) looks like an idiotic decision.
Yea, I don't know how the hell you fire the coach of the year. :lol

Top Bottom