NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What an absolutely awful decision.

That was an unacceptably careless at that point in the game. I wouldn't want my team doing that at the end of a regular season game much less the final minutes of a Finals game 7.

Those are the bad habits they got too comfortable with that 1big was alluding to.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:towel

Genghis Khan

I don't like trading him to Boston, but supposedly they LOVE Dunn.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't like trading him to Boston, but supposedly they LOVE Dunn.
Yeah, him going to Boston would suck, but I think this trade would help the Sixers quite a bit. If they think Embid is back and healthy, I'd do this trade. Finding enough minutes for all the bigs in Embid, Okafor, and Noel would be tough. Especially when you add in Dario Saric, if he's in Philly this year.

A young PG like Kris Dunn would be a nice addition.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] here's the Instagram comment I was referring to on Twitter.

Lebron: They said u lost a step, wasn’t explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don’t have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won’t work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won’t work, love your teammates to much, there’s no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc…. But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir

I was saying I didn't have a problem with it because we all know that despite that all time great Finals performance that he put up, had he lost in the Finals again his detractors would have crushed him all summer long.

So my opinion is I'm fine with Lebron piling on because his haters would do the same had the Cavs lost. They'd pile on mercilessly.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] here's the Instagram comment I was referring to on Twitter.

Lebron: They said u lost a step, wasn’t explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don’t have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won’t work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won’t work, love your teammates to much, there’s no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc…. But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir

I was saying I didn't have a problem with it because we all know that despite that all time great Finals performance that he put up, had he lost in the Finals again his detractors would have crushed him all summer long.

So my opinion is I'm fine with Lebron piling on because his haters would do the same had the Cavs lost. They'd pile on mercilessly.
I don't have any issues with that. When you have as many haters as he does, when he shows up like that, he deserves to get to talk shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've never been a Lebron fanboy, but I have no problem with that. Let him talk shit, he deserves it. Has there ever been a superstar in any sport that has never been in trouble, but gets as much shit piled on him every year as he does? I can't think of one.

Genghis Khan

Yeah, him going to Boston would suck, but I think this trade would help the Sixers quite a bit. If they think Embid is back and healthy, I'd do this trade. Finding enough minutes for all the bigs in Embid, Okafor, and Noel would be tough. Especially when you add in Dario Saric, if he's in Philly this year.

A young PG like Kris Dunn would be a nice addition.
I've heard people saying Dunn isn't a good fit with Simmons because he's not a shooter. But I think his defense helps them a lot and his shooting will improve as will Simmons'. If he really is a Westbrook type they can figure it out.

If it were me though, I don't think I'd do it. I don't love the value and I'm worried about embiid's health. They definitely need to trade somebody, and it'll probably be okafor, but I'd rather wait and see things play out a little more.

Genghis Khan

I don't think that is enough value for Okafor.

I think they should get more.
While I don't think it's awful, I don't love the value either.

On the other hand, a lot of pundits seem to think the opposite, that the Sixers would have to throw a little more in.

Personally I think Ainge is playing Colangelo. The Celtics tried to trade up for Okafor at the 2015 draft, and tried to trade for him again at the deadline. Now they are trying to trade for him for a third time. They clearly lust after him. Yet they seem to be trying to play it off like they have the leverage and okafor is not enough value for the 3rd pick.

Jiggyfly

Banned
While I don't think it's awful, I don't love the value either.

On the other hand, a lot of pundits seem to think the opposite, that the Sixers would have to throw a little more in.

Personally I think Ainge is playing Colangelo. The Celtics tried to trade up for Okafor at the 2015 draft, and tried to trade for him again at the deadline. Now they are trying to trade for him for a third time. They clearly lust after him. Yet they seem to be trying to play it off like they have the leverage and okafor is not enough value for the 3rd pick.
Whoever is saying the Sixers need to give more have lost there dam mind.

Dunn is not as good of a prospect as Okafor, he is getting inflated because of this very weak draft.

If they are serious about trying to win they need to move him for a veteran.

Genghis Khan

"I think that the Sixers and I both believed that the most valuable asset they had other than the No. 1 pick was [Jahlil] Okafor. I think that now, several weeks of gauging that interest around the league has led them to the conclusion that he might not be as valuable as they once thought. I think they went into the process asking the question, 'Would we trade for the No. 3 pick, or the No. 4 pick or the No. 5 pick for a guy like Okafor, would that be good value for us?' And I think they've walked out of that scenario saying, 'We don't think we can actually get that for Okafor right now.'

I think that's less an indictment on Okafor than it is a realization that center has become a little bit like a running back in the NFL... Especially the sort of player Okafor is, which is a back to the basket, below the rim, not particularly athletic, not going to stretch the floor, doesn't necessarily play defense big man. That just doesn't fit the schemes that most NBA coaches are after, including I think the 76ers. So I think there was a major miscalculation on the part of Sam Hinkie when he selected him at [three].

[Nerlens] Noel might actually end up having more trade value because he does some things in the modern NBA, his ability to defend multiple positions, his shot-blocking, his ability to finish on the break, that make him perhaps a more attractive option right now. They're exploring that as well, but it's not easy to necessarily move either of those guys right now and get the sort of value that Philadelphia wants, which I think what they want is a top five or six pick in this draft, or a young point guard, or a young two guard that can really shoot the basketball to pair on the floor with Ben Simmons." ~Chad Ford

Genghis Khan

Whoever is saying the Sixers need to give more have lost there dam mind.

Dunn is not as good of a prospect as Okafor, he is getting inflated because of this very weak draft.

If they are serious about trying to win they need to move him for a veteran.

You may be right but what veteran could they get for Okafor who could make a big impact ?

I actually don't see what the big hurry is. They aren't contending next year. I believe in Okafor; I know they have a glut of bigs but I believe Okafor will only get better. If he improves his defense and rebounding - very possible - his value will only go up.

Also next year's draft class may very well be better, so trading him for the 2017 3rd or so pick might net a better player.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For obvious reasons I'm most interested in seeing where Buddy Hield lands.

I hope he doesn't land in a dysfunctional blackhole like Sacramento.

As a Thunder fan I think the scariest scenario would be for him to land in Minnesota. Could you imagine a lineup of Hield, Wiggins, KAT, and Levine being coached by one of the game's better coaches? Within 2-3 years I think they'd be one of the perennial powers of the West.

Cotton

Staff member
The Celtics have been trying to trade their No. 3 pick in advance of Thursday’s NBA draft, but have been rejected by multiple teams, ESPN’s Marc Stein reports.

The four players the Celtics are reportedly most interested in acquiring via trade are Bulls guard Jimmy Butler, Jazz guard Gordon Hayward, Bucks forward Jabari Parker and Bucks guard Khris Middleton.

All three teams have reportedly shown no interest in trading those players.

The 76ers have reportedly offered to work out a deal with the Celtics, but Boston has not accepted their proposal of a trade including Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/22/boston-celtics-draft-pick-trade-offer-rejected?xid=si_social

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd give Boston Butler for 3, the 17 and 18 Brooklyn picks and either Bradley/Crowder.

I may even push for another pick in this year's draft just because, from what I've read Utah and Milwaukee have already said that Hayward, Middleton and Parker are untouchable.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
You may be right but what veteran could they get for Okafor who could make a big impact ?

I actually don't see what the big hurry is. They aren't contending next year. I believe in Okafor; I know they have a glut of bigs but I believe Okafor will only get better. If he improves his defense and rebounding - very possible - his value will only go up.

Also next year's draft class may very well be better, so trading him for the 2017 3rd or so pick might net a better player.
Yeah I think you hang on to Okafor, there is going to be some Vet that becomes available between now and the trade deadline.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom