NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jiggy, no big deal since we didn't have championship aspirations.

Besides, you'll be sitting on the couch next to us after the Spurs do away with you.

Rockets are among the league worst in turnovers and free throw shooting, and you're nit beating the Spurs or any other elite team in the playoffs with that combination of flaws.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Monta has been awesome, but we need a true star player.

We need to put the full court press on LaMarcus Aldridge.
There's been some reports lately that the Spurs are also near the top of his list.

Portland is no. 1 then Dallas/San Antonio.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would like to say Houston should get him but Houston does poorly in free agency.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jiggy, no big deal since we didn't have championship aspirations.

Besides, you'll be sitting on the couch next to us after the Spurs do away with you.

Rockets are among the league worst in turnovers and free throw shooting, and you're nit beating the Spurs or any other elite team in the playoffs with that combination of flaws.
:lol

So now Dallas does not have championship aspirations, whatever dude.

Yes this is a very flawed team add in the injuries and we should not have a chance but this team has had these flaws all year and they still ended up with the 3rd best record in the NBA.

I see it like this we can beat anybody but we can also be swept in any series, we are after all relying on two 37-year-old pg's. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
I would like to say Houston should get him but Houston does poorly in free agency.
So D Howard did nothing for you or getting Josh Smith this year when he was a free agent?

Actually don't think Aldridge is a great fit, not a good defensive guy and that's too many guys needing touches between him Howard and Harden.

Plus you would have to gut the roster, bring back Brewer and Smith and upgrade the pg and we are perennial contenders.

Rev

Staff member
So D Howard did nothing for you or getting Josh Smith this year when he was a free agent?

Actually don't think Aldridge is a great fit, not a good defensive guy and that's too many guys needing touches between him Howard and Harden.

Plus you would have to gut the roster, bring back Brewer and Smith and upgrade the pg and we are perennial contenders.
Forgot about Howard and wasn't that a trade? Maybe I'm not remembering that so well or confusing it with the time when they tried to trade for Paul or Gasol???

Anyways I said free agency as well so Smith doesn't count since it was in season signing.

Pretty much just remembering the Bosh and Gasol attempts.

I win the internet.

Rev

Staff member

Yes this is a very flawed team add in the injuries and we should not have a chance but this team has had these flaws all year and they still ended up with the 3rd best record in the NBA.

I see it like this we can beat anybody but we can also be swept in any series, we are after all relying on two 37-year-old pg's. :lol
I dont think we have a snowballs chance in hell against the Warriors. Think they have owned us all season?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell against the Warriors. Think they have owned us all season?
That is true and I agree but we did not have Howard most of those games and this team is peaking at the moment.

I am just happy to be out of the 1st round with all the injuries we are dealing with.

Rev

Staff member
I will gladly take then second round of the playoffs with everything we have gone through this year. Please give me the conference finals. Have a coworker that is a spurs fan and have already been talking mad shit at work. Last year we owned them but not so much this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow.

D

Deuce

Wow.

Assholes. He had a clash with a coach and was benched. No reason to take his money away.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

It's true.

I never had any illusions that they'd be making a run, so losing is not that big of a deal.

The Mavs have a long way to go before they can be considered a serious contender again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Assholes. He had a clash with a coach and was benched. No reason to take his money away.
I only saw him in the game a couple times. One of which was the screwup that got him crosswise with the HC.

Cotton

Staff member

Now it's being reported that they mutually parted ways after game 2. Just like everyone thought. No one believed that back injury BS.

Cotton

Staff member
They fired the guy who sent this tweet.

The outrage police have gone overboard.:picard
Yeah, that's a dumb firing. I can see them pulling his aside and telling him in the future to be more aware, but to fire him is stupid.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I will gladly take then second round of the playoffs with everything we have gone through this year. Please give me the conference finals. Have a coworker that is a spurs fan and have already been talking mad shit at work. Last year we owned them but not so much this year.
My father-in-law (and boss) is a Spurs fan. I want to beat them so bad.

As an aside, I don't know to handle being on the same side as you.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
They fired the guy who sent this tweet.

The outrage police have gone overboard.:picard
Some knob who hangs out in the Mavs locker room tweeted that some players were openly upset when they found out about that tweet.

Dominated in the playoffs by a "not very good" team, and concerned about emojis. Priorities.

Rev

Staff member
My father-in-law (and boss) is a Spurs fan. I want to beat them so bad.

As an aside, I don't know to handle being on the same side as you.
LOL. Its strange that I was a Rocket fan growing up since I grew up close to Dallas. I think it was the Cougars run with Olajuwon and Drexler that started my attention down there. Then the Rockets drafted Olajuwon and Ive been a fan since.

Top Bottom