NBA Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would have to give the MVP to Curry, Harden is definitely 2nd though.
Houston would be in the lottery (or close) if they didnt have Harden. I think Curry will still get it but I think its going to be real close.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I would have to give the MVP to Curry, Harden is definitely 2nd though.
Why?

Best player on best team? I can understand that argument but what a player does for his team its got to be Harden, I don't think Curry could perform at the same level if teams totally focused on him as they do Harden.

I think Curry wins but its more about the pub he gets than being more valuable IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Harden is absolutely worthy and probably deserves it because he carried that team with no Dwight.

Curry is worthy as well, and while I would vote for Harden, Curry has been the best player on the best team and he has lit up the highlight reels like crazy and that stuff makes a big difference. He's had a phenomenal week as well in going 38 and 10 in just 34 min of play against Memphis and then putting Chris Paul on his ass last night.

I think Curry gets the votes and would be a worthy MVP, but I'd vote for Harden because of what he did to carry the Rockets all season long.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And then Harden goes for 51 last night. :lol

What a ridiculous MVP race this is.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll say this, even though I think Curry should win, I hope Harden gets it just so I can say that I've talked mad shit to an NBA MVP about his trademark (beard).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll say this, even though I think Curry should win, I hope Harden gets it just so I can say that I've talked mad shit to an NBA MVP about his trademark (beard).
Whatever chance he had of winning the MVP went down the drain last week as he put together 2 lackluster performances in 5 days vs the Spurs.

Thanks to that, they went from the 2nd seed to the 6th seed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whatever chance he had of winning the MVP went down the drain last week as he put together 2 lackluster performances in 5 days vs the Spurs.

Thanks to that, they went from the 2nd seed to the 6th seed.
Yeah that tarnished him a bit but when you are sending Smith and Dorsey to the line over 30 times that takes away his ability to put up numbers.

And he was fouled by Duncan on the last play which should have been a win.:cry

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah that tarnished him a bit but when you are sending Smith and Dorsey to the line over 30 times that takes away his ability to put up numbers.

And he was fouled by Duncan on the last play which should have been a win.:cry
JR Smith could have won that game if he simply shot 70% from the FT line. 24 FT's in one half.....that's insane.

Going 12 for 26 is even crazier.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Derrick Rose should win MVP for coming back from that horrendous in-season knee injury.

:unsure

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wiggins just posterized some poor Pelican with huge dunk.

Wiggins has been damn impressive in the 2nd half of the season. Looks like he's going to be a lot better than I thought he'd be. My main concern about him coming into the league was that he lacked a killer instinct and coasted/disappeared too often in big games during his college career.

But it looks like he's found a comfort level and is bringing his A game on a more consistent basis.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
JR?:lol

Yeah he was misserable.
Ehhhh....I meant Josh.

Oh, and that wasn't a foul by Duncan. He makes contact with Harden's wrist, but that's after he already got the ball. It was a clean block and the follow through resulted in the contact with the arm.

That's why Harden didn't argue it at the time or after the game.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ehhhh....I meant Josh.

Oh, and that wasn't a foul by Duncan. He makes contact with Harden's wrist, but that's after he already got the ball. It was a clean block and the follow through resulted in the contact with the arm.

That's why Harden didn't argue it at the time or after the game.
He never lost control of the ball after the initial block and the contact with the arm disrupted the shot, yes he blocked it but he fouled him after that.

Anyway it does not matter it looks like we will get Portland and that's probably the best matchup this point.

D

Deuce

I know the MVP talk has dominated the thread lately and deservingly so...but lost in the shuffle is the fact that the Celtics are building something led by a someday premium PG and the best Isaiah Thomas ever to lace up a NBA uniform.

No expectations this year, but the Cavs better not sleep on us.

Top Bottom