NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
‏@Sixers

Over MCW's last 5: 19.6 PPG, 12.2 APG, 9.0 RPG. He's the first to do that since Magic in 1991. First Sixer since Wilt in 1968.

Also, media complaining Sixers are tanking, trying to lose and have two wins. SVG said something along the lines that what the Sixers are doing is "embarrassing ". Well, SVG's Pistons have a ton of money invested in a poorly constructed roster and have 3 wins. Screw you dude.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Rose wears a protest shirt "I can't breathe", but has no comment after the game, leaving Noah to answer questions about it. Well done.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Durant looked much better last night compared to his previous game. We have a game against a pretty decent Milwaukee team before our showdown Thursday night against the Cavs.

Definitely can't overlook Milwaukee though. They have a pretty athletic front court and do a good job defending the rim.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The tops 7 in the western conference is tearing it up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The tops 7 in the western conference is tearing it up.
Yeah they are. I haven't studied the schedule but I have to think a lot of that is the west beating up on the east early on. On the back half of the season there should be more intra-conference games so those winning percentages will drop back down to normal.

But yeah, as of right now, they are wrecking shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah they are. I haven't studied the schedule but I have to think a lot of that is the west beating up on the east early on. On the back half of the season there should be more intra-conference games so those winning percentages will drop back down to normal.

But yeah, as of right now, they are wrecking shit.
All but GS and Memphis have at least 4 conference losses right now, so looks like you are right.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Nice that the Heat are struggling. Sixers get their first rounder next year top 10 protected.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So the Knicks are on a monster losing streak and Carmelo is reportedly fighting teammates.

:laff

That's what you deserve for wasting everyone's time knowing damn well you were all about the money and were going to return to NY the entire time.

Had he joined Chicago, Houston, or Dallas, he would've had a legitimate shot at the Finals. Instead, he's getting exactly what he deserves and I don't wanna hear him bitch about how bad the Knicks are. You got exactly what you wanted, now deal with it.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
So the Knicks are on a monster losing streak and Carmelo is reportedly fighting teammates.

:laff

That's what you deserve for wasting everyone's time knowing damn well you were all about the money and were going to return to NY the entire time.

Had he joined Chicago, Houston, or Dallas, he would've had a legitimate shot at the Finals. Instead, he's getting exactly what he deserves and I don't wanna hear him bitch about how bad the Knicks are. You got exactly what you wanted, now deal with it.
1. He knew the Knicks were going to suck this year, not this bad, but he knew they weren't going to contend. His decision was based on them contending 2, 3, 4 years down the line and money. By then the Sixers will be a better team though. They almost are now, ha.

2. He's not bitching. Hardaway said something to him and he didn't like it. No vet would take shit from a 2nd year guy.

3. I can't believe I'm making a case for a Knickerbocker.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The knee thing is probably why he didn't want to do the LeBron thing and sign a short term deal in Chicago then re-sign for a huge Max in 2 years under the new contract. Maybe he doesn't expect to last that long.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For now, Anthony has no desire to be traded, but his willingness to consider giving up the no-trade clause shows how frustrated he has become with the Knicks’ historically bad start to the season.
:lol

Are you serious? What the hell did he expect was going to happen with a shit roster and a rookie coach?

He signed there for the money and that's all there is to it. But while the money looked great on paper a few months ago, he's realizing that maybe winning did actually matter to him but now he's screwed. If Chicago did want him, how on earth would they be able to take on his contract?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Are you serious? What the hell did he expect was going to happen with a shit roster and a rookie coach?

He signed there for the money and that's all there is to it. But while the money looked great on paper a few months ago, he's realizing that maybe winning did actually matter to him but now he's screwed. If Chicago did want him, how on earth would they be able to take on his contract?
They can't at this point without gutting their roster, which they won't do.

Carp

DCC 4Life

He certainly knew it was going to be tough, but having Jackson running the team is a big draw. I think you hope for the best with a new coach, but Fisher has made some head scratching decisions...for example, not allowing his players to switch on defense when screened. His overemphasis on defending the paint has led to them giving up an absurd 3 PFG percentage and makes.

Also, his reliance on the triangle offense is a no win situation. All the coaches that Jackson spawned from the triangle have failed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What the rockets have done over the last 3 weeks is incredible, down 5 rotation guys including 2 starters and they have been 8-4.

Beating Memphis and Dallas and several other above 500 teams over that stretch.

Harden just gets no respect if Paul, James or anybody else had been leasing a team like this he would be the clear MVP frontrunner, he drops 44 on the 2nd night of a back to back and gets no buzz. Harden is hands down a top 5 player this year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
ESPN Stats & Info ✔ @ESPNStatsInfo
Follow
In his career, James Harden is 10-of-20 (50%) on game-tying/go-ahead FG in final 24 sec -- highest FG pct in NBA since 2009-10 (min. 20 FGA)
1:06 AM - 12 Dec 2014

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Remember when the Bulls made a draft day trade and traded LMA to Portland for Tyrus Thomas and some foreign guy. Wow. That was a bad deal.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rose looks very very good tonight.

Hopefully for Simp's sake, he doesn't tweak his vagina tomorrow.

Top Bottom