NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The flops would be reduced greatly if they'd ever adjusting the retarded charging rule. Someone knocks you over the on the way to the hoop? Fine. But this sidestepping in the way at the last second when someone had a clear path is ridiculous and out of control. Play proper defense and you wouldn't need to be throwing yourself around like that to prevent an easy bucket.
I agree with that.

The charging foul should be re-evaluted.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's my first night in Miami and I already loathe these homer Miami sports talk personalities.

The stuff these idiots were spewing was pure comedy.

Here's a couple of examples of the idiocy that I have to put up with. These comments are from two different stations, mind you. So it's not like I stumbled across one idiotic homer. No, they're idiotic homers across the board.

Both stations were discussing the NBA Finals. On Station A the guest and a member of the local media were talking about Lebron's greatness compared to Jordan. One of the idiots from the local media actually said Lebron was better in the Finals because even though Jordan scored more PPG Jordan always shot around 34-36% from the field. :lol He essentially claimed Jordan was nothing but a chucker. A glorified JR Smith basically. Sadly this was a member of the media spewing this idiocy not some lunatic fan. And what made it worse was the host nodding and "yepping" along with him as if everything he said was true.

Then that same idiot went on to complain about a percieved double-standard because Tim Duncan wasn't being crucified in the media for being shut down in the 4th qtr last night. He whined that if it were Lebron the media would crush him. This is true but here's the big difference. Lebron is in his prime and is hands down the best player in the world. Tim Duncan is damn near 40 and is at the end of his career. He's not even the best player on his team anymore.

Here's more idiocy, this time from Station B. These morons were whining about flopping and Wade being fined. They then complained about Tim Duncan complaining about a phantom foul. What made me laugh out loud is one of the idiots actually said "Lebron doesn't do that stuff. He gets hit, hit in the gut and stuff and just keeps on playing." :wtf

There are at least 20 gifs out there pointing out the best of Lebron's flops. And those are just from his Miami days. Lebron flops so much that "Lebroning" became a craze for a while.

God, I hope the Spurs mop the floor with them this series.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Most Heat fans are ignorant front runners, though, to be fair, so that's what they cater to.

D

Deuce

It's my first night in Miami and I already loathe these homer Miami sports talk personalities.

The stuff these idiots were spewing was pure comedy.

Here's a couple of examples of the idiocy that I have to put up with. These comments are from two different stations, mind you. So it's not like I stumbled across one idiotic homer. No, they're idiotic homers across the board.

Both stations were discussing the NBA Finals. On Station A the guest and a member of the local media were talking about Lebron's greatness compared to Jordan. One of the idiots from the local media actually said Lebron was better in the Finals because even though Jordan scored more PPG Jordan always shot around 34-36% from the field. :lol He essentially claimed Jordan was nothing but a chucker. A glorified JR Smith basically. Sadly this was a member of the media spewing this idiocy not some lunatic fan. And what made it worse was the host nodding and "yepping" along with him as if everything he said was true.

Then that same idiot went on to complain about a percieved double-standard because Tim Duncan wasn't being crucified in the media for being shut down in the 4th qtr last night. He whined that if it were Lebron the media would crush him. This is true but here's the big difference. Lebron is in his prime and is hands down the best player in the world. Tim Duncan is damn near 40 and is at the end of his career. He's not even the best player on his team anymore.

Here's more idiocy, this time from Station B. These morons were whining about flopping and Wade being fined. They then complained about Tim Duncan complaining about a phantom foul. What made me laugh out loud is one of the idiots actually said "Lebron doesn't do that stuff. He gets hit, hit in the gut and stuff and just keeps on playing." :wtf

There are at least 20 gifs out there pointing out the best of Lebron's flops. And those are just from his Miami days. Lebron flops so much that "Lebroning" became a craze for a while.

God, I hope the Spurs mop the floor with them this series.
I thought I warned you. Miami fans are the worst. But don't worry, with the state of the Fins and Tha U their homerism provides solid humor in the later months.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I thought I warned you. Miami fans are the worst. But don't worry, with the state of the Fins and Tha U their homerism provides solid humor in the later months.
I expected to ease into it. I didn't know I'd get slapped in the face with it right off the bat.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The thing is though...Miami is a pretty likeable team now. Even a guy like Wade...a guy I hated, I find myself so impressed with his game. Very unselfish team.

dallen

Senior Tech
The thing is though...Miami is a pretty likeable team now. Even a guy like Wade...a guy I hated, I find myself so impressed with his game. Very unselfish team.
As a Mavs fan I have a duty to despise them, but they might not be literally Hitler.

D

Deuce

I don't see the likability. Lebron has himself, but the rest of them can suck a dick. I was a big Wade fan in college and his first few years in Miami, but once he won the first title he became full of himself. Then paired with the other two he's become a complete bitch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't see the likability. Lebron has himself, but the rest of them can suck a dick. I was a big Wade fan in college and his first few years in Miami, but once he won the first title he became full of himself. Then paired with the other two he's become a complete bitch.
Agreed.

I can't stand Wade.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I used to dislike Wade, but I have much respect for him now. He has really become so fun to watch in the midrange and finishing. Not the great athlete he once was, but just vet moves now. Allen, Birdman, Battier, Haslem, Cole, Lewis...all those guys are likeable to me.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't mind the other players. Wade is the only one that I dislike.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am warming to Gordon...just starting to think that with him and Noel at the 4-5 we'd have crazy athletes to play D and get up and down the floor. Not sure he gets down to 10 now though.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The damn Spurs can do no wrong. 16-18 shooting so far. Unbelievable.

The ball movement has been superb tonight.

They held the ball entirely too much Sunday night and it got them in trouble.

D

Deuce

The Spurs could easily go into a funk and let Miami back in it, but damn this is impressive.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Amazing...everyone can pass and understands spacing.

data

Forbes #1
With this lead, Garrett would be calling cross-court passes and fast break offense for the Spurs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bulls are supposedly interested in trading up to 11 with Denver, I really hope that happens as I'd absolutely love to get Gary Harris or Nik Stauskas and I'm certain neither of them will be there at 16.

Or just trade the pick for Love, whatever.

Top Bottom