NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Vonleh won't be there, but he has been impressive. I keep hearing about Saric now at 10.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Vonleh won't be there, but he has been impressive. I keep hearing about Saric now at 10.
Vonleh has the measurables. I have no clue at projecting how these guys will be in the pros, especially guys like Exum and Saric who I've never seen play. I'll say it agian, I trust Hinkie.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently Love is demanding a trade and he has the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls and Warriors on his list with a desire to go to a contending team in a big market. The Lakers will be able to make a very compelling offer depending on what happens in the lottery and then of course they have the hometown factor. The Knicks don't really have any trade chips at all while the Warriors can pretty much only offer players, although Klay Thompson would be a pretty big chip.

Out of those 4 the Bulls are probably have the best combination of big market (over the Warriors), able to win now (over the Lakers/Knicks) and trade chips (definitely over the Knicks at least and probably the Warriors as well, the Lakers depend totally on what happens in the lottery).

Basically, the front office has to put up or shut up, you have two of the best scorers in the league on the market in Melo and Love and both have expressed interest in the Bulls. Either of them would cure the vast majority of what ails the team, aside from Rose's knees, and they pretty much have to make it happen with one of them right now. If Love is traded it will likely be before free agency begins so in my opinion the Bulls have to go all out for Love and if that doesn't work go all out for Melo, they can't be bullshitting around with one with the other in the back of their mind, getting either of them pretty much no matter what has to be the priority.

D

Deuce

Boston should deal some of thei newly acquired draft pick wealth to get him. Pair him with Rondo, a top 3 player in this draft and the tons of cap space and we're right back near the the top.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Boston should deal some of thei newly acquired draft pick wealth to get him. Pair him with Rondo, a top 3 player in this draft and the tons of cap space and we're right back near the the top.
Minnesota will demand your highest pick unless he refuses to be traded anywhere but Boston, which is pretty much impossible considering they haven't been leaked as a preferred destination.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think they will too, unless the Spurs get their revenge.
I couldn't care less how Miami wins because they're obviously an elite team one way or the other, my point is that Indiana is a farce of a team that is only in the ECF because the East is a joke.

D

Deuce

Minnesota will demand your highest pick unless he refuses to be traded anywhere but Boston, which is pretty much impossible considering they haven't been leaked as a preferred destination.
Not really. We could offer multiple of our future Nets picks which will all surely be higher than future Bulls picks. If they dump him, they are assuredly rebuilding again and future picks are valuable to a rebuilding team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not really. We could offer multiple of our future Nets picks which will all surely be higher than future Bulls picks. If they dump him, they are assuredly rebuilding again and future picks are valuable to a rebuilding team.
So you're proposing that the Celtics will get Love for the 17th pick this year and future picks from the Nets?

And you don't think a team like the Bulls or Warriors could trump that?

When the Celtics haven't even been mentioned as a place Love would be willing to go, meaning he may not sign an extension there?

The Warriors have Klay Thompson, the Bulls have Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Mirotic and a bevy of picks themselves, either of those two teams could easily trump an offer that doesn't include the Celtics lottery pick this year.

D

Deuce

So you're proposing that the Celtics will get Love for the 17th pick this year and future picks from the Nets?

And you don't think a team like the Bulls or Warriors could trump that?

When the Celtics haven't even been mentioned as a place Love would be willing to go, meaning he may not sign an extension there?

The Warriors have Klay Thompson, the Bulls have Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Mirotic and a bevy of picks themselves, either of those two teams could easily trump an offer that doesn't include the Celtics lottery pick this year.
This years Nets pick isn't great, but the future picks will be. They are a lottery team by 2016 and possibly a high one. Neither Chicago or GS will be. So basically it's Taj and some mid-round firsts or a mid-round 1st and potentially high end lottery picks, I'd choose the latter.

I don't see GS as a threat to get him as Lee makes too much money for 2 more years. I wouldn't play them together and I doubt Minny takes him so they are kindof stuck.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This years Nets pick isn't great, but the future picks will be. They are a lottery team by 2016 and possibly a high one. Neither Chicago or GS will be. So basically it's Taj and some mid-round firsts or a mid-round 1st and potentially high end lottery picks, I'd choose the latter.

I don't see GS as a threat to get him as Lee makes too much money for 2 more years. I wouldn't play them together and I doubt Minny takes him so they are kindof stuck.
The Bulls have 16 and 19 this year, both of those carry basically the same value as a pick 2-3 years down the line, even if they may be lottery picks, of course they may not be either considering the Nets owner is willing to pay anything and be extremely bold with personnel moves. Then there's Taj, Butler and Mirotic, all valuable assets, especially Mirotic who would probably be a lottery pick this year.

The 17th pick and some picks from the Nets a few years down the line that may or may not be in the lottery do not trump 16, 19, some combination of the aforementioned players that I listed, and even future picks that the Bulls have in their back pocket.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think the key to the game is that Hibbert has actually contributed some today. He's got something like 16/7 here in the 4th.

He's had his soft bitch ass moments in the game but at least he hasn't completely mailed it in like he did in the Atlanta series.

I'm surprised that Lebron hasn't attempted to take over. He hasn't been very aggressive today.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think the key to the game is that Hibbert has actually contributed some today. He's got something like 16/7 here in the 4th.

He's had his soft bitch ass moments in the game but at least he hasn't completely mailed it in like he did in the Atlanta series.

I'm surprised that Lebron hasn't attempted to take over. He hasn't been very aggressive today.
Hibbert actually got going in the last round.

They haven't all been monster games, but he's contributing and giving them something.

I think this is going to be a tougher series than a lot of us thought coming in.

Top Bottom