NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Are the playoffs still going on? 15 days until a huge day in the future of the 76ers, NBA lottery. We have our own 2nd worst record shot and the Pelicans 10th worst record shot.

We want the Pels pick to stay right where it's at. It's top 5 protected and if they do move up it would only be into the top 3 and we are screwed.

The worst our own pick could fall is #5. Hopefully, we stay right where we are or move up to #1. #3 wouldn't be awful and #4 wouldn't suck. Hell #5 wouldn't suck either, but I want Sam Hinkie to have as many players as possible to choose from. He grabbed MCW at 11. With that pick and the Noel trade I have all the faith in the world in whomever he chooses with both our #1's. Wouldn't be shocked if we trade our Pels pick or Thad gets moved. Then throw in our 5 2nd rounders and Hinkie will be wheeling and dealing all night.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Reports: Joakim Noah has continued recruitment of Carmelo Anthony

by Kurt Helin

May 5, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT

Ask any college coach in any sport — recruitment is almost never about one call, one visit. It’s about multiple texts and repeated calls, it’s kissing up to family and friends, and all sorts of ways big and small to show your interest in a particular player and why he/she fits the university, the team, etc.

Along those lines, Joakim Noah’s recruitment of Carmelo Anthony to come to the Bulls has not been just one conversation All-Star Weekend.

It has continued and still continues, a source told the Chicago Sun.
According to several sources, including a teammate, Noah’s All-Star Weekend “conversation’’ with New York Knicks standout Carmelo Anthony didn’t end in New Orleans. They had discussions via text the rest of the season, including the day after the Bulls were eliminated in the playoffs by the Washington Wizards.

“I was kidding Jo that they were boys now,’’ a source said in a phone interview Friday. “ ‘Well, get your boy to come to Chicago.’’’
‘Melo has said he wants the “full Dwight Howard treatment” in terms of being a recruited free agent, and certainly the full-court-press by Chandler Parsons on Howard impacted that decision. So Noah is on the right path.

But one other thing Noah has made clear through this is he doesn’t want to get Anthony at the expense of Taj Gibson, according to the report. If it is one of the other, Noah wants to keep his teammate.

Which means a steep pay cut for Anthony (down into the four years, $60 million range, maybe a little more depending on the moves).

There are conflicting reports about what Carmelo Anthony wants to do this summer, most likely because Carmelo Anthony doesn’t know what he wants to do this summer. How important is being in New York and leading the Knicks? Does he trust Phil Jackson to rebuild (and James Dolan to stay out of his way)? How important is winning (the Knicks can and should improve but the Bulls or Rockets are several big steps ahead)? How important is money? What is important to his family?

He has a lot of questions to figure out for himself. The Knicks retaining him remains the morning line favorite, but we have to see how the race plays out.

If you want to influence that decision, recruiting him now is a smart play.

Report: Joakim Noah still recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Bulls

By Marc Weinreich

Bulls center Joakim Noah is still reportedly recruiting Knicks franchise forward Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls, with the Chicago’s big man reportedly texting him as recently as last week, a day after the Bulls suffered a season ending loss to the Washington Wizards on April 29.

According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, citing several league sources including one of Noah’s teammates in Chicago, the two players have been engaged in conversations throughout the second half of the season amid reports in March that Noah tried to recruit him to Chicago while they were in New Orleans for NBA All-Star weekend.

That specific report about the alleged discussions in New Orleans prompted speculation at the time that Noah could be subject to a fine or suspension for violating league tampering rules but a league investigation never occurred and Noah said he wouldn’t address that kind of” gossip.” But he stopped short of denying the conversations happened, saying only it “doesn’t matter.” Head coach Tom Thibodeau chimed in, calling the reports “nonsense.”

According to Cowley, Noah has been urging other teammates to join in on his reported talks to bring Anthony to Chicago. He has pushed for the team to exhaust all efforts to bring Anthony to the Bulls save for getting rid of forward-center Taj Gibson, who has three years and $25 million remaining on his contract with Chicago.

The Bulls finished the regular season 48-34 before bowing out to the Wizards in the first round of the playoffs, while the Knicks failed to make the postseason, finishing 37-45.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The best part about that is that he insists on keeping Taj.

If we can figure out a way to get Melo while keeping Taj and one of our 1st rounders, we're top 3 in the league.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The best part about that is that he insists on keeping Taj.

If we can figure out a way to get Melo while keeping Taj and one of our 1st rounders, we're top 3 in the league.
Boozer's expiring ($16.8m)
Dunleavy's expiring ($3.0m)
Tony Snell ($1.4m)
Sacramento Kings Protected First
Chicago Bulls 2015 Unprotected First
(Total - $21.2m outgoing)

For

Carmelo Anthony S&T (~ $20m)

Draft Rodney Hood, PJ Hairston, and Isaiah Austin with our 3 picks this year.

Sign DJ Augustin and Kirk Hinrich for small deals, and bring over Nikola Mirotic.

Roster:

Derrick Rose / DJ Augustin / Kirk Hinrich
Jimmy Butler / PJ Hairston
Carmelo Anthony / Rodney Hood
Taj Gibson / Nikola Mirotic
Joakim Noah / Isaiah Austin

Carp

DCC 4Life
I want Wiggins and Young. I love me some Young...think he is legit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If I was a Sixers fan, I think I'd want Parker and either Aaron Gordon or Gary Harris.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If I was a Sixers fan, I think I'd want Parker and either Aaron Gordon or Gary Harris.
I like Aaron Gordon when he was named Derrick Williams. Harris is an undersized SG I have not interest in.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I like Aaron Gordon when he was named Derrick Williams. Harris is an undersized SG I have not interest in.
Yes, they both went to Arizona, but I like Gordon. If he slipped to 10 you have to jump on that. I like his defense, his rebounding. He's crazy athletic and has a great motor, always hustling. He still only 18 and won't turn 19 until September. He has to want to be a PF though.

I like Harris, too. A bit undersized. Like I said earlier though if Hinkie doesn't like them then I'm on board.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't like either at all. There will be better players IMO there. I'd take Stauskas over both. Gordon duplicates alot of what we should already have too. Lots of athletes, not enough basketball players.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Brooks has Adams, Collison, Jackson, Butler, and Jackson on the floor right now. WTF

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I don't like either at all. There will be better players IMO there. I'd take Stauskas over both. Gordon duplicates alot of what we should already have too. Lots of athletes, not enough basketball players.
Right now Carp we don't have hardly anything. Two players, possibly three will be on this team in two years. MCW, Noel and possibly Wroten. Thad will be gone. That's it. I have no idea what Aaron Gordon will be when he's 23 years old 5 years from now, but I'll take a shot. At worst he'll be a good defender and rebounder and get garbage points around the rim.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Don't get me wrong, I like Stauskas a lot, and he's exactly what the Bulls need, but he's basically a wing shooter. He's definitely a role player.

I think a guy like Gordon or Harris has a little more upside into being able to fill more than one role. I'd certainly rather Harris on the Bulls. Gordon I'd be less certain, but only because we already have Taj and Mirotic at the position. And if Mirotic was in this draft, he'd be going ahead of Gordon.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Stauskus can handle and make plays off the bounce, he's a definite starter and much more than a bench role player. He's not someone you build a team around necessarily but he's pretty much Korver on steroids, which would be a damn good starter.

D

Deuce

Warriors fired Mark Jackson. There must've been something behind the scenes cause they weren't winning a ton of games prior to him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He did not get along with the owners son...who is the asst GM. So I am rooting for Garrett to go sass Steve.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Don't get me wrong, I like Stauskas a lot, and he's exactly what the Bulls need, but he's basically a wing shooter. He's definitely a role player.

I think a guy like Gordon or Harris has a little more upside into being able to fill more than one role. I'd certainly rather Harris on the Bulls. Gordon I'd be less certain, but only because we already have Taj and Mirotic at the position. And if Mirotic was in this draft, he'd be going ahead of Gordon.
Another reason I like Gordon and Harris is they are young for their classes. Gordon is going to be as old as a lot of incoming freshmen this year and Harris the same with the sophomores. Gordon is still 18 years old and will be for another 4 months. Gary Harris is 19 and will be for another 4 months. They were both close to being the youngest players in their classes in college.

To project what these two will or will not be is difficult because they are still developing as players and if they are hard workers both can be very good NBA players. I mean Harris is a little small for a SG, but it's not like he's 6'2" or anything.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just don't like Harris and Gordon is just an energy guy to me. I like Young almost as much as Wiggins.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just don't like Harris and Gordon is just an energy guy to me. I like Young almost as much as Wiggins.
Young could be great or he could be an epic bust. I think the risk is too great to take him at that spot, I'd rather get a solid starter to go with Parker and Noel at that point rather than whiffing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He is not a risk at all at 10...well, just as much as any player. He is a better player than Harris anyways. Young has handles, can drive, can shoot from deep, and is a solid rebounder.

Top Bottom