Names of Potential Garrett replacement coaches being bandied about....

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Most Dallas fans realize there's enough talent to win the division, but if you're HC is liable to ice your kicker or otherwise wuss out when the pressure is on...there's not a whole lot to get excited about beyond that.

Would you be confident in a Jason Garrett coached Cowboys team up against the Rams in the NFCC?

I agree that it COULD happen, but it would be in spite of a stubborn do-it-my-way GM/owner and a robot-with-no-feel-for-in-game-adjustments HC...certainly not the ingredients needed for a dynasty, and isn't that where we want to get back to?
Well I’m not in the ticket line yet but I haven’t written off the season either. The Redskins game will go a long way toward seeing whether the team has gained some confidence as a result of the Jacksonville game notwithstanding whether the coaches have made a correction. My scenario didn’t predict a successful post season engagement.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most Dallas fans realize there's enough talent to win the division, but if you're HC is liable to ice your kicker or otherwise wuss out when the pressure is on...there's not a whole lot to get excited about beyond that.

Would you be confident in a Jason Garrett coached Cowboys team up against the Rams in the NFCC?

I agree that it COULD happen, but it would be in spite of a stubborn do-it-my-way GM/owner and a robot-with-no-feel-for-in-game-adjustments HC...certainly not the ingredients needed for a dynasty, and isn't that where we want to get back to?
Yeah that's the problem. We get in a tight game in the playoffs with a 4th and 1 on the opponents side of the field with a chance to win the game and Garrett is going to punt it away. But even with that knowledge I'd sure enjoy a run out of this team as opposed to another 8-8 season where Dak finishes with a 85 QB rating. So if Dak can continue to play like he did against the Jags I'd be excited.

And this defense is really good. They give us a chance in most games as long as our offense plays at least at a competent level.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah that's the problem. We get in a tight game in the playoffs with a 4th and 1 on the opponents side of the field with a chance to win the game and Garrett is going to punt it away. But even with that knowledge I'd sure enjoy a run out of this team as opposed to another 8-8 season where Dak finishes with a 85 QB rating. So if Dak can continue to play like he did against the Jags I'd be excited.

And this defense is really good. They give us a chance in most games as long as our offense plays at least at a competent level.
I'm definitely rooting for them every game, but I understand that we have a huge deficiency with in-game coaching decisions.

I'd be as happy as Jerry if they somehow pull of a Super Bowl win with this staff and him doing things his way, but I also understand how highly unlikely that is.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I see the defense only getting better too. They are on a level we havent seen in a long time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see the defense only getting better too. They are on a level we havent seen in a long time.
Yeah the defense has the ability to be special. This is the best 4-3 LBing corp I can ever remember in Dallas. I know we had LBer's like Ware and Spencer so I hesitate to say best LBing corp ever but in reality they were glorified DE's. This is way different. And these guys are only going to get better. Not just for this year but I don't see this defense getting picked apart in the offseason either. Which means we could be good for a while.

Our coaches such but if this offense can find a way to just be competent. Elite at running the ball and efficient passing the ball and I think we have a pretty damn good team. Which is why I'm hoping the offense can use the Jags game as a spring board to some consistent success. If not we all know this team is doomed. It's why this Redskins game is so important. They aren't that good and it's a game we should definitely win. It's also a defense that doesn't scare me. So I'm hoping the offense can get in a little bit of a roll with some rhythm.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The only way this team ever wins during the current regime is if the team itself outplays the level of coaching and management like the did the year they won the SB under the Switzer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How about Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No. It wasn’t Stoops wife. It was Larry Coker’s wife. At least that’s how the story has been promoted.
It was Larry Lacewell's wife

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Let's be honest, it's Switzer. He probably did all of their wives.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION], what say ye?
Stoops would be a huge improvement over Garrett, but I think he's past his coaching prime.

I'd rather skew younger rather than go the recycled coach route, which is exactly what Jerry will likely do. So prepare yourselves for someone like Norv Turner or Del Rio.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah he runs a very impressive offense.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

offensive mind for hire

Top Bottom