Music Thread...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tomorrow we can debate 90s R&B.

I know that's in your wheelhouse [MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Underrated great album for its time. It's not in my top 10 but I have a few songs from that album in my Google Music/Phone.
That along with Ill Comminication were great albums.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Underrated great album for its time. It's not in my top 10 but I have a few songs from that album in my Google Music/Phone.
It's one of my all-time favorites.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol

It starts and ends with Jodeci.
See, we can agree on that.

Which was your favorite album? I've got Diary of a Mad Band.

After that I was a Mint Condition and 112 guy. Stokely (Mint Condition) and Slim (112) have unique singing voices. I like that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Let me set the record straight...

AC/DC is an alltimer of a band. Back in Black is royalty and the Bon Scott years were greatness. Rocker is their most underrated song.

As far as the top 5 rap albums go...Run DMC/Raising Hell not being in the top 5s is criminal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
About a year ago I realized I was a Queen fan and didn't even know it. I had no idea that they sang some of my favorite songs from the 70s and early 80s.
Mercury has a very distinctive voice. Adam Lambert did some stuff with them and it was excellent.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
See, we can agree on that.

Which was your favorite album? I've got Diary of a Mad Band.

After that I was a Mint Condition and 112 guy. Stokely (Mint Condition) and Slim (112) have unique singing voices. I like that.
Diary of a Mad Band had the bigger radio hits and did have some damn good songs, but Forever My Lady was too good.

That album was like K-Ci and Jojo's vocal demonstration at the top of their game.

While I was not a big 112 fan, I was a huge Mint Condition fan and Stokley was easily the best pure vocalist in R&B in the 90's.

Here's one for you: who had the best overall singing ability of the 90's groups?

Jodeci made great music, but only K-Ci and Jojo could sing.

For my money, it was Shai with Boyz II Men a close 2nd.

Comforter still jams after all these years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll give it a listen.

Also, I should probably swap out Life After Death with Ready to Die on my list. I listen to Read to Die way more than I listen to LAD.
My 3 favorites, I think Ironman is generally regarded as Ghost's best album by most Wu Tang fans, Supreme Clientele had more mainstream popularity.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Diary of a Mad Band had the bigger radio hits and did have some damn good songs, but Forever My Lady was too good.

That album was like K-Ci and Jojo's vocal demonstration at the top of their game.

While I was not a big 112 fan, I was a huge Mint Condition fan and Stokley was easily the best pure vocalist in R&B in the 90's.

Here's one for you: who had the best overall singing ability of the 90's groups?

Jodeci made great music, but only K-Ci and Jojo could sing.

For my money, it was Shai with Boyz II Men a close 2nd.

Comforter still jams after all these years.

Man, I forgot about Boyz II Men. I'd have to put them at number 3 behind Jodeci and Mint Condition.

As for your question, I'd probably have to go with Boyz II Men.

You're riding with Shai? They were more of a 2 hit wonder in my book. I remember them but nothing significant stands out about them. I liked Comforter and If I Ever Fall in Love but after that I don't remember any of their other songs.

Edit: Just looked at their discgraphy to jog my memory and they had a pretty nice run. I just don't think they stood out vocally.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Boys II Men?

We are strolling outside the lines of decency here.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Boys II Men?

Show some respect.

Boyz II Men and Jodeci were instrumental to 60% of the ass that I got between 93-95.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man, I forgot about Boyz II Men. I'd have to put them at number 3 behind Jodeci and Mint Condition.

As for your question, I'd probably have to go with Boyz II Men.

You're riding with Shai? They were more of a 2 hit wonder in my book. I remember them but nothing significant stands out about them. I liked Comforter and If I Ever Fall in Love but after that I don't remember any of their other songs.

Edit: Just looked at their discgraphy to jog my memory and they had a pretty nice run. I just don't think they stood out vocally.
Boyz II Men were a great singing group, but the deep voice guy couldn't sing.

Whereas with Shai, each and every guy could sing....just watch the Comforter video and you'll see.

And yes, they had a number of good songs. They had 2 big singles, but lots of good songs.

Also, Dru Hill was one of my favorites too. Great vocalists in that group.

Cotton

Staff member
Show some respect.

Boyz II Men and Jodeci were instrumental to 60% of the ass that I got between 93-95.
Journey and Air Supply was that for me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Boys II Men?

You can pretend to be Mr. Tough Caveman guy if you want to, but I don't care if it's romantic music or not.

Great music is great music.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My 3 favorites, I think Ironman is generally regarded as Ghost's best album by most Wu Tang fans, Supreme Clientele had more mainstream popularity.

:towel

Daytona f'n 500.

Classic album.

D

Deuce

1. Boyz II Men
2. Jodeci
3. Shai
4. New Edition
5. Silk

Honorable mention: Blackstreet. Their first album was really good, mostly cause Teddy Riley was gold back then.

Top Bottom