Carp

DCC 4Life

vince

Not So New Member
Signed in just to like this :towel

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm hoping he does go.

Guy slowed down noticeably later in the season. He's a fumbler.

He just isn't worth a big contract.
Good points, but they don't come close to outweighing his performance last year. BTW, no back can be expected to do what he did in '14.

Re-sign Murray and draft the best back that falls to us in the 3rd round. That's our best shot at an overall RB performance like Murray '14 and insures the future of our offensive identity for several years. When Murray starts to fade, ask him to take a paycut or release him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
unfortunately i can't figure out embedding twitter from my phone. Basically Fisher tweeted that the Cowboys are more optimistic than ever that Murray returns "at the right price."

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
unfortunately i can't figure out embedding twitter from my phone. Basically Fisher tweeted that the Cowboys are more optimistic than ever that Murray returns "at the right price."
Yep. He will return at the right price. The conundrum is whose right price?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Caplan is very reliable...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Caplan is very reliable...
That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Murray does not fit the Kelly system all the well whereas McCoy was the perfect fit for that offense, yet he cuts McCoy and goes after Murray?

Strange.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Murray does not fit the Kelly system all the well whereas McCoy was the perfect fit for that offense, yet he cuts McCoy and goes after Murray?

Strange.
Kelly likes a 1 cut runner. He always hated McCoy because he danced too much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Strange.
Murray is an excellent zone scheme runner. He fits there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:skurred

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They can both sit on IR together!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why would Murray care that his oft-injured former college QB who hasn't done shit in the NFL went to Philly?

hstour

Brand New Member

Strange.
Kelly thinks he's Phil Jackson?

Cotton

Staff member
If DeMarco Murray leaves, Cowboys won't jump at free agent runners
March, 10, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- With DeMarco Murray now a free to sign anywhere else with the market open, the Dallas Cowboys' Plan B is more about the draft than finding a veteran, should the NFL’s leading rusher depart.

According to multiple sources, the Cowboys are not ready to check in on the middle- to lower-level running backs that are available, including C.J. Spiller and Darren McFadden, at this time.

At the NFL scouting combine, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the running back draft class is as strong as it has ever been. The Cowboys met with the top runners available in Indianapolis, including Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon.

The Cowboys have Joseph Randle under contract, but his fate could be tied to the incident this offseason in Wichita, Kansas. They gave Lance Dunbar the low tender as a restricted free agent, but he is not an every-down back. They re-signed Ryan Williams, who spent last season on the practice squad, to a two-year deal that included a $240,000 signing bonus.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They re-signed Ryan Williams, who spent last season on the practice squad, to a two-year deal that included a $240,000 signing bonus.
You have to figure that means the Cowboys kind of like him right?

I'd like to see Joseph Randle start next year if for no other reason then it would drive Booze nuts.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom