Morning After: Developments on the Offensive Line in Canton

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plenty of flak about him being in the back end of the first in a best case scenario, more likely the 2nd. That first quote only downgraded because of a workout, which as we know, is stupid, especially when that workout was a bad 40 time for a center who will never be asked to run 40 yards.
Guards, centers, and DTs being hurt or helped by great/terrible forty times is one of the dumbest things I see. I'm sure the Chiefs are thrilled with that bad ass forty time Dantari Poe ran. And then proceeded to have 0 sacks as a rookie. These guys play there game in a 5 yards or less portion of the field. What the hell does 40 yards have to do with it? I guess Poe could catch a really slow TE in the open field to save a TD or something.

Frederick didn't look slow on film, people didn't start knocking his feet and speed until his poor workout numbers. You would think GMs would learn but they never seem to. Now if you want to talk forty times with WR's, RBs, CBs and safeties I think there is a place for it.

Top Bottom