Moore: How did Cowboys enter rookie minicamp with three first-round talents?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ok, you've already told us numerous times that you'd have taken Ajayi. The team clearly downgraded him for some reason, probably his knee. As did every other team in the league. So after Ajayi, who would you have taken at RB when we were on the clock? And do you have faith that he was going to be this RB that would have saved our season?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ok, you've already told us numerous times that you'd have taken Ajayi. The team clearly downgraded him for some reason, probably his knee. As did every other team in the league. So after Ajayi, who would you have taken at RB when we were on the clock? And do you have faith that he was going to be this RB that would have saved our season?
I can't speak for booze, but I take the chance on Ajayi.

Period, and no takebacks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I can't speak for booze, but I take the chance on Ajayi.

Period, and no takebacks.
Apparently, you missed the 'so, after Ajayi' part. Like I said, every team in the league downgraded him at least into the 5th round, while us fans were ready to take him in the 2nd.

Cotton

Staff member
Apparently, you missed the 'so, after Ajayi' part. Like I said, every team in the league downgraded him at least into the 5th round, while us fans were ready to take him in the 2nd.
I don't care. I take him in the third and reject your "so, after Ajayi" notion.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't care. I take him in the third and reject your "so, after Ajayi" notion.
That's fine. Now I will just laugh at you and your poor value for taking a 5th round RB in the 3rd. :art

Cotton

Staff member
That's fine. Now I will just laugh at you and your poor value for taking a 5th round RB in the 3rd. :art
And, now I laugh at you for taking an OL that doesn't like to practice.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh wait, I should drop an :art to make it serious and stuff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

So serious.

Oh, and I don't recall ever saying I'd take Green there, but you got me I guess.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

So serious.

Oh, and I don't recall ever saying I'd take Green there, but you got me I guess.
So what is your point? That RB was the wrong position to select at that spot?

Who would you have selected there?

So serious.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So what is your point? That RB was the wrong position to select at that spot?

Who would you have selected there?
I've already said I would have taken Ajayi in the 3rd. And again in the 4th. And have admitted that I don't know shit about how serious teams view his knees. And I don't think after him, or should I say the 2nd round talent we all thought he was, that there was another RB that would come in and be that lead back we all wanted.

So serious.
:lol Damn. I never realized the :art smiley could illicit such strong emotions. Please accept my heartfelt apology.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is way too much angst from some posters over not taking Ajayi, a running back who was never a Stephen Jackson to begin with and may not even be a long term starter because of his knee.

It's one mid round RB. Yes you can find quality backs in that range but you can also find them ending up as backups around the league... look at the Rams.

Frankly we don't even know that Randle isn't better than Ajayi. And I don't even like Randle, but there isn't enough evidence either way to be freaking out so much about this.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Frankly we don't even know that Randle isn't better than Ajayi. And I don't even like Randle, but there isn't enough evidence either way to be freaking out so much about this.
Barring a trade, the draft is usually the last shot at finding a starter, so of course there was angst when we came away from the offseason with McFadden and Williams.

Ajayi has better pedigree than Randle, but I'm sure Jerry thinks he has some kind of steal with Randle.

The reality we're left with is to hope a quality back shakes free from San Diego, Miami, Denver, Cleveland, or similar team with new youth at the position.

D-mac is a failure waiting to happen. Randle can only take what the OL blocks for him. Granted the OL is potentially great, but it's a shame a team built around running the ball has no marquee back or even a deep committee.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Barring a trade, the draft is usually the last shot at finding a starter, so of course there was angst when we came away from the offseason with McFadden and Williams.

Ajayi has better pedigree than Randle, but I'm sure Jerry thinks he has some kind of steal with Randle.

The reality we're left with is to hope a quality back shakes free from San Diego, Miami, Denver, Cleveland, or similar team with new youth at the position.

D-mac is a failure waiting to happen. Randle can only take what the OL blocks for him. Granted the OL is potentially great, but it's a shame a team built around running the ball has no marquee back or even a deep committee.
What do you mean by better pettigree?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think you're just looking for a reason to be upset about something. Not really understanding all of the angst.
What are you trying to say? :lol

D

Deuce

I am actually okay with not taking him in the 3rd.

But the who gives a shit Big 12 linebacker clone of Hitchens?

Oh yeah.
I don't see why you're down on him. We took Hitchens last year to be the jack of all trades depth guy and he was needed pretty badly. Now, he's thrown into a starters role and our depth is shit again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't see why you're down on him. We took Hitchens last year to be the jack of all trades depth guy and he was needed pretty badly. Now, he's thrown into a starters role and our depth is shit again.
If we had taken Ajayi in the 3rd, and then still took Wilson in the 4th, he would have magically transformed from a who gives a shit Big 12 linebacker clone of Hitchens, into a good solid draft pick. Weird, I know.

D

Deuce

If we had taken Ajayi in the 3rd, and then still took Wilson in the 4th, he would have magically transformed from a who gives a shit Big 12 linebacker clone of Hitchens, into a good solid draft pick. Weird, I know.
The amount of Ajayi talk that continues after the draft has been over for a week is ridiculous. 32 teams thought he either sucks or his knee wouldn't hold up for long and passed on him at least 4 times each. Sure, he could be someone in the league...but it's pretty telling. Enough for me to not give a shit that he isn't on our roster.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The amount of Ajayi talk that continues after the draft has been over for a week is ridiculous. 32 teams thought he either sucks or his knee wouldn't hold up for long and passed on him at least 4 times each. Sure, he could be someone in the league...but it's pretty telling. Enough for me to not give a shit that he isn't on our roster.
This is Jay Ajayi, not Steven Jackson.

Top Bottom