MMQB | Bedard | This Play Didn't Decide the Game

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hitchens put his hand up/on Pettigrew to get his hand off his facemask, so there's that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'll make the world a deal. Give me back Michael Irvin being interfered with in the end zone in 1994 or the false start on the QB sneak in the Ice Bowl or the stupid PI on Benny Barnes in Super Bowl XIII and I'll give back this play. No? That's what I thought.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll make the world a deal. Give me back Michael Irvin being interfered with in the end zone in 1994 or the false start on the QB sneak in the Ice Bowl or the stupid PI on Benny Barnes in Super Bowl XIII and I'll give back this play. No? That's what I thought.
This one especially.

It was the most obvious bullshit fucking call in Super Bowl history.

Barnes falls down after Swann runs over his back, trips over him and there is a flag that basically kept the momentum going in Pittsburgh's favor.

The NFL practically admitted it was bullshit when the instituted the incidental contact rule the following year

dallen

Senior Tech
I hope all the Lions fans that are upset over the picking up of the PI flag were just as upset when the NFL overturned the suspension of Suh

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This one especially.

It was the most obvious bullshit fucking call in Super Bowl history.

Barnes falls down after Swann runs over his back, trips over him and there is a flag that basically kept the momentum going in Pittsburgh's favor.

The NFL practically admitted it was bullshit when the instituted the incidental contact rule the following year
That and Jackie Smith's drop in the end zone are two images that will never leave my brain when it comes to that game.

5 super bowls

Brand New Member
Have been away for a few years. We better not play the way we did Sunday and expect a win. Just sayin. Penalty or no penalty, we are playing Sunday.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Have been away for a few years. We better not play the way we did Sunday and expect a win. Just sayin. Penalty or no penalty, we are playing Sunday.
That 4th quarter didn't suck. Let's play that way. Let's also hope you're changing your username by season's end and that you get an avatar while we're at it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welcome back.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Now the officials are apologizing for a blatant hold by Leary on Suh during the 4th down pass to Witten.

data

Forbes #1
With [MENTION=219]5 super bowls[/MENTION], [MENTION=84]Foobio[/MENTION], [MENTION=203]Thorn[/MENTION] and others...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We had been doing a great job of getting off to fast starts, so I'm hoping the Lions game gets the bad start out of the way and return to the norm.

I also think it helps that we're on the road against a team that is considered the favorite. Those situations usually get the best out of this team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Phil found him once. He needs to do so again.

Chop chop.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Welcome back and I'm with ravidubey, here's hoping this is the year you change your user name. I think if the second half team from Sunday shows up, we'll be all right. If the first half team shows up and stays, we're screwed.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
We had been doing a great job of getting off to fast starts, so I'm hoping the Lions game gets the bad start out of the way and return to the norm.

I also think it helps that we're on the road against a team that is considered the favorite. Those situations usually get the best out of this team.
The fact that we've been an excellent road underdog gives me hope, especially with a somewhat gimpy Rodgers. Muscle injuries and cold weather don't always play nice together.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Even though the weather is cold the field should be good because of the heating system underground. Footing should be good unless there is heavy snow.

Top Bottom