MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looks like I may have been too early in writing off DeShields Jr.. He has been very good so far and taking advantage of the opportunity to play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like I may have been too early in writing off DeShields Jr.. He has been very good so far and taking advantage of the opportunity to play.
And he's very fast.

D

Deuce

Yep. He definitely inherited his dads speed.
Speed doesn't matter if you're half a retard on the base paths. That's what he looked like in the Rays series at times. Maybe it was just a bad few days.

Rev

Staff member
Speed doesn't matter if you're half a retard on the base paths. That's what he looked like in the Rays series at times. Maybe it was just a bad few days.
Didn't get to see the series. Must have just been off because I've heard not nothing but glowing reviews on his play lately. I will take the 100+ steals he had in 2012, though.

D

Deuce

I guess TonyD is done with us since the Yankees are in 1st place and he hasn't been around to gloat about it for a month. Would've been nice to get into it with him this week after the Rays dismantled them.

RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just a bad few days. Trying to extend to third on that one play was stupid. I didn't get to see the rest of the series.

D

Deuce

Just a bad few days. Trying to extend to third on that one play was stupid. I didn't get to see the rest of the series.
One play that stands out in my mind was him standing about 10 ft from 2nd just dumbfounded as Beckham was holding the ball. He should have been sliding into 3rd as Beckham caught it.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I guess TonyD is done with us since the Yankees are in 1st place and he hasn't been around to gloat about it for a month. Would've been nice to get into it with him this week after the Rays dismantled them.

RIP
Nice Deuce. Rays are playing well and have a ton of guys on DL. Impressive.

Yanks lead season series even after what you call a dismantling this week. Yanks bats are slumping and Rays pitching aided that.

D

Deuce

Nice Deuce. Rays are playing well and have a ton of guys on DL. Impressive.

Yanks lead season series even after what you call a dismantling this week. Yanks bats are slumping and Rays pitching aided that.
:lol

Speak of the devil.

With how easily the Yanks took care of the Rays prior to this week, it feels good to put together a good series against them. Both teams are going to need starting pitching to improve to stay atop the division.

Rev

Staff member

Speak of the devil.

With how easily the Yanks took care of the Rays prior to this week, it feels good to put together a good series against them. Both teams are going to need starting pitching to improve to stay atop the division.
You just had to go and poke the bear.....

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm pretty sure Joe Madden hired a sniper to take out Gregory Polanco.
:excellent

5 game win streak for the Cubs. :towel

The HR tap has been turned on for Kris Bryant. Another 3 run shot today. That is 4 HR in the past 7 games. Even more impressive to me than the HR itself was the situation. He came up with 0 outs & runners on the corners. Have to put the ball in play in that situation. He fell behind in the count 0-2 & I figured a K was coming. He eventually worked the count full and then hit a 3 run blast.

Kris Bryant is good at baseball.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Well...the Mets were a nice story for a bit.
That organization needs to start rethinking their approach. Are they going to try to contend or what? You can make the case that Matt Harvey is the best pitcher in baseball right now. Syndergaard is up, DeGrom is good, Fat Bart continues to get it done, Matz is looming...are they just going to stay status quo & flush this season down the toilet? Teams like the Cubs & Astros seem to really be going for it (sounds like the Astros are going to promote über prospect Carlos Correa soon & are said to be buyer at the trade deadline this year). The Mets should have the same attitude.

I understand having some big contracts for underperforming players but they need to think about eating some money, moving a couple of those, replacing them via flipping a young pitcher or two for a couple bats, and making a run at a wildcard.

Maybe they will do that. Not sure. It's about time for them to pull up a seat at the big boy table. With their rotation if they get into the postseason they could be trouble. Not going to get there without adding a few quality bats though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm ready to see Buxton & Sano. They are going to have get better starting pitching soon so they are ready to make some noise when those guys come up.
They were just talking about those guys on the pregame tonight. They were saying that Sano might come up earlier this summer, but they might wait until Sept. callups for Buxton. They're saying that when Sano comes up, Trevor Plouffe will be moved to the outfield. I have no idea how they can do that. They have a logjam in the outfield right now with young guys. Aaron Hicks started the season at AAA, but was called up last week. So far, he's been hitting about .400 and playing lights out defense. With Hicks, Buxton, Oswaldo Arcia, Eddie Rosario, Edwardo Escobar, and Jordan Schafer we have a lot of young outfielders with promise. Buxton is the only one of those still in the minors.

Both Rosario and Escobar can also play in the middle infield, but with Danny Santana and Brian Dozier there, they won't see much time there. I'd hate to lose any of them, as they are all young and exciting players with talent, (well, not Schafer so much) but know that's not possible. Hopefully, they'll bring in some much needed help in the starting rotation. Although surprisingly, our starters haven't looked bad so far.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

Speak of the devil.

Yep. Yanks need Tanaka back and able to finish season. Nova is coming back. Hell, even Capuano will help when he's back.

Bats are still cold, too. Need to pick it up and get to their strength...the back end of their bullpen. Bettances and Miller are dominant. That strength is useless if you don't have a lead late.

Top Bottom