MLB Chatter Thread

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Good little player? Yes.
All time great? No.
3000 hits? WGAS.
Fifth all time in doubles, first all-time by a right-hander. 400+ steals. 7 time all-star.

"Good little player." :lol

Seriously, GFY.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Not to mention no whiff of any substantial PED claims for a player in the PED era.

Seriously, I am pissed. I may go challenge Murray Chass to a fistfight.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not to mention no whiff of any substantial PED claims for a player in the PED era.

Seriously, I am pissed. I may go challenge Murray Chass to a fistfight.
You have at least one writer that agrees with you.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Fifth all time in doubles, first all-time by a right-hander. 400+ steals. 7 time all-star.

"Good little player." :lol

Seriously, GFY.
Listen, the HOF has been watered down so he'll get in. He's borderline. He compiled stats and I don't give a shit about compilers.

Go through every one of his season and count how many are HOF seasons? I could be wrong.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Ah, I should have known it was the "stat compiler" nonsense that's been debated here before. As if longevity is a black mark. As if guys who stick around a little past their prime are racking up cheap STEALS AND DOUBLES.

Whatever.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
People must get a Jack Morris HOF bonus in their check the way they carry on about this great injustice.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
As much as I like tradition and history and all that, it will be good for baseball when some of these fogies who imagine themselves as running around with press passes in bands of their fedoras decide to retire their votes.

I realize not many retire their votes voluntarily, but I'm not REALLY going to root for someone's death.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Ah, I should have known it was the "stat compiler" nonsense that's been debated here before. As if longevity is a black mark. As if guys who stick around a little past their prime are racking up cheap STEALS AND DOUBLES.

Whatever.
Just asking the question. If he retired 5 years earlier way short of 3000 hits does he get in? If the answer is yes then I can buy it.

I don't like these 3000 hits or 300 wins guys that just got in because they hit that number. Now it'll be a long time before another 300 game winner.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
People must get a Jack Morris HOF bonus in their check the way they carry on about this great injustice.
Pitcher A 270-153 ERA 3.68 3562 IP 2813 K 785 BB WHIP 1.192 ERA+ 123
Pitcher B 254-186 ERA 3.90 3824 IP 2478 K 1390 BB WHIP 1.296 ERA+ 105

Mussina is pitcher A, Morris B. Morris won some big games in the playoffs I'll give him that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Just asking the question. If he retired 5 years earlier way short of 3000 hits does he get in? If the answer is yes then I can buy it.

I don't like these 3000 hits or 300 wins guys that just got in because they hit that number. Now it'll be a long time before another 300 game winner.
I can understand your point. However, even if 3000+ hits does push him over the top, it necessarily works in conjunction with his other stats, his gold gloves, his silver sluggers.

Or at least it should. Who knows what the baseball writers think about?

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I can understand your point. However, even if 3000+ hits does push him over the top, it necessarily works in conjunction with his other stats, his gold gloves, his silver sluggers.

Or at least it should. Who knows what the baseball writers think about?
You can definitely talk me into Biggio more than some guys that have gotten in recently.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I still don't think Biggio is an all-time great player, which is what the HOF is for.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Rays to sign free-agent IF Jayson Nix to minor-league deal.

Final piece to the puzzle.

Top Bottom