MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Twins were listed on the short list of most likely landing spots for Price in a trade.

So what I'm getting at is, don't get used to talking about Buxton and Sano.
Feh.

If you end up with either of them, I will be actively rooting they get syphilis from one of your dirty girls in Tampa.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He has to go somewhere where he will get extended though.
This is a great point. The Pohlad's are tight with their money.

Does Price have a trade veto? If so, I really doubt he'd accept going to Minnesota with their tight fisted history.

D

Deuce

Feh.

If you end up with either of them, I will be actively rooting they get syphilis from one of your dirty girls in Tampa.
It's true that Tampa girls are dirty. But last I checked syphilis won't land you on the DL. Bring em, on!

D

Deuce

This is a great point. The Pohlad's are tight with their money.

Does Price have a trade veto? If so, I really doubt he'd accept going to Minnesota with their tight fisted history.
No he doesn't and I doubt that deal is likely either because he would be a 2 year rental if they didn't extend, but they were listed as a top 5 most likely because of prospects they could offer. #1 on the list was Houston based on prospects, need and their ability to spend.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just can't see teams like Hou and Minn sinking prospects and dollars for one player...he'll go big market or a team like SF.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Honestly, even if the Twins did agree to extend him, I really doubt they'd trade Buxton or Sano. One thing the Twins FO and ownership love, is to tout their homegrown talent. It's the one selling point they keep trying to use over and over with the fan base. From the days of Kirby, Herbie, Gaetti, Brunansky, etc...

While they historically have had a pretty good farm system, the one thing they don't have is an owner willing to take that last step and bring in a crucial piece via trade or free agency. Whether it's pitching or a bat. They either compete with what they grow themselves, or else. Gets tiring as a fan knowing they wont spend to push a decent team over the top. Only adding mid level or lower FAs. Look at their team from a few years ago. A consistent 90+ win team that kept winning their division, but weren't built to win in the post season. Looked good all year, then like complete ass come the short season. Ugh.

D

Deuce

I just can't see teams like Hou and Minn sinking prospects and dollars for one player...he'll go big market or a team like SF.
Most big markets don't have the resources to pull the trade off.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just don't see teams willing to give up young, cheap talent like they did in the past. I'd try to move him if I was TB as well, but I don't think you'll get the same haul as you would in years past.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why do they need to move Price? Has he said he doesn't want to play for them or something?

D

Deuce

I just don't see teams willing to give up young, cheap talent like they did in the past. I'd try to move him if I was TB as well, but I don't think you'll get the same haul as you would in years past.
Just last offseason they got an amazing haul of young talent for Shields who is obviously an inferior pitcher. If teams see a chance at a Cy Young winner, they'll bite.

NoDak - No. He isn't demanding a trade or anything. But he has 2 years of control left and despite him liking the thought of being a Ray, everyone knows he's going to want more than they can afford. So, his trade value this year with the extra season of control is higher than next. Might as well get what we can.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What they got last year was the exception, not the rule. You got that had from a small market team that was trying real hard to be relevant.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A's give Kazmir 11 mill/year. That seems high for him and why not give that to Colon?

Rev

Staff member
Perfect buy low option for the Rangers. JP Arincibia. Make it so, JD.

D

Deuce

G@jcrasnick: Ricky Nolasco has passed his physical and his four-year, guaranteed $49M deal with #twins is complete.

Rev

Staff member
Damn. AJ signs with Boston.

Top Bottom