MLB Chatter Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's nice to be in with a team on the rise though, right? And you never know.
Yes, it's better for the team to win 90 games than to suck, but you never know what will happen each year with injuries, luck, etc.

If they'd put on an amazing run to barely claim the last spot, sure, I get that. But to just be happy with a quick wild card exit when a division win with an easier matchup complete with HFA and rest for a very beat up team was right there... I don't really get. Especially when they blew a good lead in the last week.

Nobody would be happy with that kind of result if it were the Cowboys.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes, it's better for the team to win 90 games than to suck, but you never know what will happen each year with injuries, luck, etc.

If they'd put on an amazing run to barely claim the last spot, sure, I get that. But to just be happy with a quick wild card exit when a division win with an easier matchup complete with HFA and rest for a very beat up team was right there... I don't really get. Especially when they blew a good lead in the last week.

Nobody would be happy with that kind of result if it were the Cowboys.
Yeah, but this is REAL progress for the Rangers and every team has to learn how to win, and learning how to do that requires gaining new experience.

Making the playoffs and getting some games in is getting that said experience and after their long stretch of being a bad team, I can't see how you wouldn't be glad with this season no matter how it ends at this point.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, but this is REAL progress for the Rangers and every team has to learn how to win, and learning how to do that requires gaining new experience.

Making the playoffs and getting some games in is getting that said experience and after their long stretch of being a bad team, I can't see how you wouldn't be glad with this season no matter how it ends at this point.
I hear you, and hopefully this is the start of several years of contenders. But sports aren't often that neat and clean.

I'm mostly salty about that Saturday night celebration complete with cigars and champagne and the goggles and all that. Felt like they were perfectly content to make "the postseason" in the weakest way possible when they had an important game to win the very next night.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm mostly salty about that Saturday night celebration complete with cigars and champagne and the goggles and all that. Felt like they were perfectly content to make "the postseason" in the weakest way possible when they had an important game to win the very next night.
Yeah, I can see that.

It would probably irk me too, TBH.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It won't make a difference. Once they make up their mind about you, you're finished.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My question is -- and I've wondered this for years -- why do rich athletes like this who know they're a target for this kind of thing take home skanks like that who aren't even hot? I mean, you can't even claim you were drunk and your base instincts took over. She's gross white trash even after two dozen beers.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Also, so the Rangers are on ABC today. Which means more Golden Bachelor ads. :budd

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pinto Bean

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Top Bottom