MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
From what I've read they're not limited to only using arm ligaments for Tommy John surgeries. They can use hip and leg ligaments to perform the surgery.

I'm hoping Max Fried can avoid having to undergo a second Tommy John surgery. He had it done back in 2014 before he reached the majors. He's been out a month with an arm strain and early rumors were that there was a chance that he needed Tommy John again. But apparently things have been trending in the right direction during his rehab.

Fingers crossed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hate this pitch clock more and more each day.

The Twins just got fucked. Runners in scoring position, two outs. 0-2 on the batter. The pitcher is walking around the mound, making no attempt to go to the rubber. So the batter takes his time getting set in the box. At nine seconds, the pitcher goes up on the mound, and the batter is in the box but looking down. The ump calls a violation because he wasn't looking at the pitcher at eight seconds, so the third strike is automatically called. Such bullshit. The pitcher knew what he was doing, and was willing to risk a violation as it would only be the first ball, fucking with the batters timing.

I hate this shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's a rule? That the batter has to look at the pitcher? What happened to if you're in the box it's fair game?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep. Gotta be in the box ready to hit, looking at the pitcher by the 8 second mark, or it's an automatic strike.
Wow, how stupid. Hopefully they at least change that next year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hate this pitch clock more and more each day.

The Twins just got fucked. Runners in scoring position, two outs. 0-2 on the batter. The pitcher is walking around the mound, making no attempt to go to the rubber. So the batter takes his time getting set in the box. At nine seconds, the pitcher goes up on the mound, and the batter is in the box but looking down. The ump calls a violation because he wasn't looking at the pitcher at eight seconds, so the third strike is automatically called. Such bullshit. The pitcher knew what he was doing, and was willing to risk a violation as it would only be the first ball, fucking with the batters timing.

I hate this shit.
Geng and I tried to fucking tell y'all.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Geng and I tried to fucking tell y'all.
This problem wasn't about the pitch clock itself. It's an ump and common sense correction.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This problem wasn't about the pitch clock itself. It's an ump and common sense correction.
Nope. It's the pitch clock. The umps are given strict orders on the pitch clock. No gray areas. If their buzzer goes off and there is anything out of order, it's an automatic call either way.

It's stupid. The beauty of baseball is it's that there IS a margin for human error. By both the players and the umpires. Yes, it sucks when an ump misses a call against your team. But it's part of the game. Bitching at the umpires is a time honored tradition.

It's why I'm also vehemently against a computerized strike zone.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nope. It's the pitch clock. The umps are given strict orders on the pitch clock. No gray areas. If their buzzer goes off and there is anything out of order, it's an automatic call either way.

It's stupid. The beauty of baseball is it's that there IS a margin for human error. By both the players and the umpires. Yes, it sucks when an ump misses a call against your team. But it's part of the game. Bitching at the umpires is a time honored tradition.

It's why I'm also vehemently against a computerized strike zone.
They can have a pitch clock and not have bullshit. That is what I'm for. I don't care about the other parts for it and you would think that kind of shit gets corrected through time.

I'm for bitching at Umpires. We can keep that in the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yup.

They have the right idea with the clock, it just needs some tweaking.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Top Bottom