MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We have a very favorable schedule this month. Think there is a couple of series with Houston. Can't have too many of those. :lol

Tony D

DCC 4Life
What a circus. Arod suspended this year and next, appeals and will be in the lineup tonight. Crazy.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Nice win last night. Perez is finally rounding in to the starter they thought he'd be. I hope that keeps up. Yu, Garza, Holland and Perez is a great front four. As soon as Harry or Colby gets back this is a formidable pitching staff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nice win last night. Perez is finally rounding in to the starter they thought he'd be. I hope that keeps up. Yu, Garza, Holland and Perez is a great front four. As soon as Harry or Colby gets back this is a formidable pitching staff.
Colby is having hip surgery and is out for the year now.

Carl

RIP Brother
Have really nice seats for Dodgers Rays game on Saturday. Was hoping to see Price and/ or Kershaw. Looks like I will miss both by a day. Still should be a fun afternoon.

D

Deuce

Have really nice seats for Dodgers Rays game on Saturday. Was hoping to see Price and/ or Kershaw. Looks like I will miss both by a day. Still should be a fun afternoon.
My brother and I were going to try to go to that game as well, but my flight gets in literally 15 minutes after first pitch. We may go to the Sunday game instead.

Rev

Staff member
Rangers claimed Alex Rios of waivers from White Sox. 2 days to work a trade. Its unlikely since they couldn't agree with the White Sox wanted Perez, Luke Jackson, and/or Roughned Odor before the deadline.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't include Perez in a trade anymore unless it were for a frontline somebody like Price or Stanton. 22 Year Old Lefty throwing up to 95 that seems to have figured it out. Rios is a Jag, this kid isn't. As mad as I was that they didn't get anything done before the deadline, I think they should just roll with what we got instead of trying to overpay for mediocrity..

Rev

Staff member
I wouldn't include Perez in a trade anymore unless it were for a frontline somebody like Price or Stanton. 22 Year Old Lefty throwing up to 95 that seems to have figured it out. Rios is a Jag, this kid isn't. As mad as I was that they didn't get anything done before the deadline, I think they should just roll with what we got instead of trying to overpay for mediocrity..
They aren't going to offer those three now. Its a situation where the Sox are either eating the salary or taking a lesser prospect

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year he his .300 with 25 homers. Not sure if I would call that JAG level. Supposedly the White Sox originally wanted Profar though. The Rangers basically said no and the discussions ended.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They aren't going to offer those three now. Its a situation where the Sox are either eating the salary or taking a lesser prospect
That's kind of the thing with Rios. He still has a lot of ability but he is getting older and he has a good sized contract. The White Sox are trying to cut salary knowing that they are in the rebuilding process. Of course it is hard to rebuild without great prospects or a lot of money which is their problem right now. They can't afford to eat salary in order to get better prospects.

Cotton

Staff member
Alex Rios traded to Rangers
Updated: August 9, 2013, 2:23 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Texas Rangers acquired outfielder Alex Rios on Friday in a deal with the Chicago White Sox.

The White Sox will send $1 million to Texas toward Rios' salary, sources told ESPN, while receiving either a player to be named later or cash considerations.

The player is expected to be Leury Garcia, sources said.

The Rangers put in a waiver claim for Rios Thursday.

Rios' contract allowed him to block trades to six teams, but Texas was not on the list. Rios is owed $12.5 million next season and the remaining portion of his $12 million salary this season. He has a $1 million buyout for 2015. If he is traded the buyout goes up to $2 million and his contract goes up $500,000 for 2014 and '15.

The two teams had many discussions before the non-waiver trade deadline without coming to an agreement.

Teams typically put players through waivers at some point in August but can pull them back if claimed. Each player who makes it through revocable waivers unclaimed is eligible to be traded to any team just like he was before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.

But with Texas claiming Rios, the White Sox could only work a deal with the Rangers, significantly reducing a potential return.

The Rangers need offensive help after losing Nelson Cruz to suspension in the wake of the Biogenesis investigation. Rios entered Friday hitting .277 with 12 home runs and 55 RBIs.

With Rios on the move, it could open the door to get newly acquired prospect Avisail Garcia some playing time at the big league level. Garcia was acquired from the Detroit Tigers in a three-team trade July 30 that sent Jake Peavy to the Boston Red Sox.

White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said he would want Garcia on the major league roster only if there was an opportunity for him to play every day. The corner outfielder has been on a tear since his arrival at Triple-A Charlotte with 10 hits in 24 at-bats (.417), including a home run and nine RBIs, entering Friday.

dallen

Senior Tech

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom