MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. This is exactly why the pitch clock was implemented and this is exactly how it's supposed to work. Sorry, Manny.
He obviously tried to call time and was instead punched out. That is bullshit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Your tears are tasty.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What's been cut out is not baseball. What's been cut out is dead time BETWEEN baseball.

No more huddles in football. It wastes the viewer's precious time.

What's been cut out is not football. What's been cut out is dead time BETWEEN football.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

What's been cut out is not football. What's been cut out is dead time BETWEEN football.
dumb analogy. there's a play clock in football too.

Cotton

Staff member

So is the needless commercials right after a kickoff.

Or, multiple replays on TV to see a play.

Oh wait, we can't do that in baseball anymore because of this nonsense.

Genghis Khan

dumb analogy. there's a play clock in football too.
The point is every sport has in-between time baked in. It's not a sin. You could make the same argument for visits to the mound, and changing sides between innings, and changing pitchers, and pinch hitting, and so on. Just because it isn't action doesn't make it "not baseball". Just like huddling isn't "not football" just because it isn't action. And regarding it as "not part of the sport" is a lame deflection for fundamentally altering how the game is played.

Football is a timed game. Baseball is.not.a.timed.game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The pitch clock has been great.

I'm looking for the tweet that showed how the active viewership is way up from what it was last year.

People are tuning in longer to the games.

If it stays that way, there's no way MLB goes back to how things were before because more ratings and more viewership is exactly what they were going for with this.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The pitch clock has been great.

I'm looking for the tweet that showed how the active viewership is way up from what it was last year.

People are tuning in longer to the games.

If it stays that way, there's no way MLB goes back to how things were before because more ratings and more viewership is exactly what they were going for with this.
It has been great and I would imagine a majority of the people involved in the game think so as well. I know the majority of fans like it. Hell the only reason why I know it's a thing is because these two post about it. The games go smoothly and it's not even something that you notice.

Genghis Khan

The Phillies started 4-8 last year and played in the world series. A year ago people would have said a braves dodgers matchup was an nlcs preview, yet neither team made it. It's way too early to make any proclamations.

Cotton

Staff member
The Phillies started 4-8 last year and played in the world series. A year ago people would have said a braves dodgers matchup was an nlcs preview, yet neither team made it. It's way too early to make any proclamations.
I'll make one proclamations. The Rangers will have the best bullpen in the league.

There, I said it.

Top Bottom