MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Really don't mind Grimm. Good luck to him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Really don't mind Grimm. Good luck to him.
Yeah, his results have certainly not matched his place in the Rangers prospect rankings. Hopefully he can improve but not all of these guys will pan out. Hell, maybe none of them will pan out. You have to assume that the Rangers organization isn't overly high on Olt or Grimm anymore. Otherwise they wouldn't have given them both up. Still, the Cubs have to be very pleased with the return. Lot of upside in that group and Olt is a guy who can fill a position of need for them almost immediately. However these guys end up doing for the Cubs I applaud Theo/Hoyer for this deal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Al Yellon ‏@bleedcubbieblue 1m

RT @jeffpassan: Final deal: Cubs trade Matt Garza to the Rangers for Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm and PTBNL.
-------------------------------
Grimm too? No way. I'm going to have to see something official before I totally buy that this is the deal.
You can have Grimm. He started off hot and has cooled off a lot. I don't really see a big future for him. But, I hate to lose Edwards.

We need bats, god dammit. Our offense is sucking ass.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Source: Garza headed to Rangers
Updated: July 22, 2013, 5:37 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Chicago Cubs have agreed to trade right-hander Matt Garza to the Texas Rangers, a team source confirmed to ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine on Monday.

The Cubs will acquire Triple-A infielder Mike Olt, Class-A right-hander C.J. Edwards, right-hander Justin Grimm and a fourth player to be named later from the Rangers, a source told ESPN's Jim Bowden.

Fox Sports first reported the trade.

Garza was scheduled to start Monday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks but was scratched, the source told Levine.

Garza, 29, is one of the hottest pitchers in baseball. He is 5-0 with a 1.24 in his last six starts leading up to the All-Star break. Garza, in the final year of his contract with the Cubs, is 6-1 with a 3.17 ERA in 11 starts this season.

WTH? Now there is a 4th player involved? I'm not sure I like this trade.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Source: Garza headed to Rangers
Updated: July 22, 2013, 5:37 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Chicago Cubs have agreed to trade right-hander Matt Garza to the Texas Rangers, a team source confirmed to ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine on Monday.

The Cubs will acquire Triple-A infielder Mike Olt, Class-A right-hander C.J. Edwards, right-hander Justin Grimm and a fourth player to be named later from the Rangers, a source told ESPN's Jim Bowden.

Fox Sports first reported the trade.

Garza was scheduled to start Monday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks but was scratched, the source told Levine.

Garza, 29, is one of the hottest pitchers in baseball. He is 5-0 with a 1.24 in his last six starts leading up to the All-Star break. Garza, in the final year of his contract with the Cubs, is 6-1 with a 3.17 ERA in 11 starts this season.

WTH? Now there is a 4th player involved? I'm not sure I like this trade.
I heard it's Profar. :unsure

The PTBNL will be a long-shot nobody.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
ESPN just announced that Ryan Braun has been suspended for the rest of the season. Braun made a statement admitting that he's made "mistakes".

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
ESPN just announced that Ryan Braun has been suspended for the rest of the season. Braun made a statement admitting that he's made "mistakes".
Wow. Not appealing? I guess he might as well get it out of the way now. Brewers going nowhere in 2013.

Rev

Staff member
I heard it's Profar. :unsure

The PTBNL will be a long-shot nobody.
Most of the time it is. The Angels traded for Harden and Tyler Skaggs was the PTBNL in that trade.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I wonder if that sample collector whose life Braun ruined is having a hearty laugh.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Good point by Buster Olney.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 17m
Hopefully, Ryan Braun has reached out to collector Dino Laurenzi, Jr. and offered his apology for how he cast doubt re Laurenzi's integrity.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Barry Larkin is making a fool of himself.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
He should pull a Marion Jones and say he didn't know what his trainer was giving him.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
You can have Grimm. He started off hot and has cooled off a lot. I don't really see a big future for him. But, I hate to lose Edwards.

We need bats, god dammit. Our offense is sucking ass.
GD right. If they don't get at least 1 bat this is wasted effort.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Now they are speculating that A-Rod may not have re-injured himself and that his suspension could be coming shortly.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rangers need Byrd now. Would make them hard to beat.

Rev

Staff member
@Evan_P_Grant: Cubs had to accept Grimm instead of Odor after Rangers raised issues about Garza's elbow.

Top Bottom