MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's funny...the Mets were built like an AL team and the Royals a NL team. I think the whole baseball world saw the value of making contact and catching the ball. That seems like a simple explanation, but that is the reality. I think Murphy is gone and Cespedes probably will be too. Dilson Herrera can play 2B and fits the more athletic, fielder type we'll need. Flores is not ideal, but he played a decent SS and he and Murphy had the same OWARs. I mention comparing the 2, because maybe the Mets go and get an athletic SS and move Flores to 2B. Hopefully a big RH hitting OF bat can be added...Wheeler can be used for trade bait. I'd love Braun, but Granderson would have to move back to CF.

Very hopeful and very happy about the season...it sucks to lose though. We have to get more athletic and not depend on the long ball.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know what's going on with the Rangers front office. They let the best pitching coach we've had walk just because they were upset that he is trying to find his value. They are most likely going cheap with an internal hire. They let their bullpen coach walk as well. Maybe you should let the fielding coach go?!?!

I don't see any way they can make any moves with the budget already high. They are extremely left-handed and teams took advantage of that. Even their top hitters in the minors are left handed. Napoli will have to be signed but then we have another logjam at 1B/DH. I would rather trade Fielder than Moreland but that contract will be a problem. We get a free year of Hamilton. Yippee. More frustration at the plate. Maybe we can hide him at the 9 spot.

dallen

Senior Tech
Congrats to the Royals. Condolences to [MENTION=10]Carp[/MENTION]. Losing the WS sucks

Rev

Staff member
Acording to Baseball America 3 of the top 5 Philly prospects are the ones they got in the Hamels trade. There you go, Genghis.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nationals Hire Dusty Baker As Manager
By Jeff Todd | November 3, 2015 at 12:13am CST

The Nationals have officially announced the hiring of Dusty Baker to “a multi-year contract.” It will reportedly guarantee two seasons of salary.

While Baker had been considered one of two finalists to take over the Nats dugout, the club was reportedly set to go instead with Bud Black. Indeed, the sides are said to have agreed to move forward with a relationship before contract negotiations stalled. Black was reportedly shocked at Washington’s first offer, which was for one year and $1.6MM. Washington then increased its offer to two years at a “lowball” salary, but talks never gained traction.
-------------------

They lowballed their candidates after the horrid hiring of Williams. Not a good look in DC.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nationals Hire Dusty Baker As Manager
By Jeff Todd | November 3, 2015 at 12:13am CST

The Nationals have officially announced the hiring of Dusty Baker to “a multi-year contract.” It will reportedly guarantee two seasons of salary.

While Baker had been considered one of two finalists to take over the Nats dugout, the club was reportedly set to go instead with Bud Black. Indeed, the sides are said to have agreed to move forward with a relationship before contract negotiations stalled. Black was reportedly shocked at Washington’s first offer, which was for one year and $1.6MM. Washington then increased its offer to two years at a “lowball” salary, but talks never gained traction.
-------------------

They lowballed their candidates after the horrid hiring of Williams. Not a good look in DC.
Who hires a manager on a 1 year deal?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Odds To Win '16 World Series

Dodgers 8-1
Mets 10-1
Blue Jays 10-1
Cubs 10-1
Nationals 10-1
Cardinals 12-1
Rangers 12-1
Astros 12-1
Pirates 12-1
Yankees 16-1
Red Sox 18-1
Royals 18-1
Giants 20-1
Angels 20-1
Tigers 20-1
Indians 20-1
Mariners 30-1
Rays 40-1
Orioles 40-1
White Sox 40-1
Twins 40-1
Reds 60-1
A's 60-1
Padres 60-1
Diamondbacks 60-1
Brewers 60-1
Marlins 60-1
Braves 100-1
Rockies 150-1
Phillies 300-1

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Acording to Baseball America 3 of the top 5 Philly prospects are the ones they got in the Hamels trade. There you go, Genghis.
Not only that, but that doesn't include Eickoff, who got called up. He'd probably otherwise have been top 5. Amazing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Odds To Win '16 World Series

Dodgers 8-1
Mets 10-1
Blue Jays 10-1
Cubs 10-1
Nationals 10-1
Cardinals 12-1
Rangers 12-1
Astros 12-1
Pirates 12-1
Yankees 16-1
Red Sox 18-1
Royals 18-1
Giants 20-1
Angels 20-1
Tigers 20-1
Indians 20-1
Mariners 30-1
Rays 40-1
Orioles 40-1
White Sox 40-1
Twins 40-1
Reds 60-1
A's 60-1
Padres 60-1
Diamondbacks 60-1
Brewers 60-1
Marlins 60-1
Braves 100-1
Rockies 150-1
Phillies 300-1
So...you're saying there's a chance.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So...you're saying there's a chance.
:lol

You guys pretty much just have to start from scratch...rely on draft picks and dealing any marketable vet for young guys. Eat all or most of Howard's salary and deal him to the AL, Ruiz would have value to a team who thinks they are close to a title, and Brown might be the guy who brings you the biggest return.

I am thinking right now that Wheeler will be our best trade chip...I think there is something we can do with Houston with Wheeler.

Rev

Staff member
I will give you Correa for Wheeler. Done deal.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will give you Correa for Wheeler. Done deal.
I'd do that deal 100 times out of 100 times...although there is little to no chance the Astros would move him.

I know we had interest in Villar a couple years back...Murphy was part of that deal. I think he would be part of that deal.

Rev

Staff member
I'd do that deal 100 times out of 100 times...although there is little to no chance the Astros would move him.

I know we had interest in Villar a couple years back...Murphy was part of that deal. I think he would be part of that deal.
They wouldnt do it. I just dont want to have to face him 19 times a season.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They wouldnt do it. I just dont want to have to face him 19 times a season.
I do think there is an opportunity for Villar though...I really like that player.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I do think there is an opportunity for Villar though...I really like that player.
Villar could be had very cheaply he is no longer looked at as a top line prospect and really is thought of as a utility guy now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Villar could be had very cheaply he is no longer looked at as a top line prospect and really is thought of as a utility guy now.
I get that they have Correa, but if that is truly how Hou sees him, then good for whoever gets him. He has some flaws...overly aggressive at the plate and sometimes makes some easy plays tough, but I think he is a legit starting SS.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Noooooooooooooo -- keep Wheeler!!! Want to see a sick rotation of

Harvey-DeGrom-Syndergaard-Wheeler-Matz

Deal Niese or other prospects for bats.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Noooooooooooooo -- keep Wheeler!!! Want to see a sick rotation of

Harvey-DeGrom-Syndergaard-Wheeler-Matz

Deal Niese or other prospects for bats.
You can't fall in love with your prospects...they need to be leveraged into other players at times. Having 4 studs is an embarrassment of riches...we still have Blake Taylor, Luis Mateo, Rafael Montero, Logan Verrett, Gabriel Ynoa, Marcos Molina (TJ surgery), etc. We have lots of arms.

Top Bottom