MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yordano Ventura at center of another Royals brawl, this time with White Sox
By Eric Stephen
@ericstephen on Apr 23, 2015, 10:32p 29

Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura found himself in the middle of a benches-clearing incident for the third straight start on Thursday night, this time against the Chicago White Sox.

At the end of the seventh inning, White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton grounded a ball back to Ventura to end the inning. Before throwing to first base, though, Ventura and Eaton exchanged words, which soon escalated into both benches and bullpens emptying.

After the ensuing melee, five players were ejected -- Ventura, Lorenzo Cain and Edinson Volquez for the Royals, and Chris Sale and Jeff Samardzija for the White Sox.

Like Ventura, Sale, who started for the White Sox on Thursday, allowed two runs in seven innings before getting ejected.

Ventura, 23, was available to pitch on Thursday because he somehow avoided suspension for throwing at Brett Lawrie of the Athletics on Saturday in Kansas City. Ventura was fined an undisclosed amount by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for hitting Lawrie in the fourth inning of that game.

But it goes back even further for Ventura, who took exception to a Mike Trout line drive single in Anaheim on April 12. Trout later scored in that inning, and Ventura exchanged words with the MVP, leading to another bench-clearing altercation.
-----------------------------------------------

3 starts in a row. Jesus. The guy is unhinged.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
You have to think that at some point his teammates are going to get tired of clearing the bench and taking retaliatory HBPs on his account, and will let him get his head kicked in.

D

Deuce

Yordano Ventura at center of another Royals brawl, this time with White Sox
By Eric Stephen
@ericstephen on Apr 23, 2015, 10:32p 29

Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura found himself in the middle of a benches-clearing incident for the third straight start on Thursday night, this time against the Chicago White Sox.

At the end of the seventh inning, White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton grounded a ball back to Ventura to end the inning. Before throwing to first base, though, Ventura and Eaton exchanged words, which soon escalated into both benches and bullpens emptying.

After the ensuing melee, five players were ejected -- Ventura, Lorenzo Cain and Edinson Volquez for the Royals, and Chris Sale and Jeff Samardzija for the White Sox.

Like Ventura, Sale, who started for the White Sox on Thursday, allowed two runs in seven innings before getting ejected.

Ventura, 23, was available to pitch on Thursday because he somehow avoided suspension for throwing at Brett Lawrie of the Athletics on Saturday in Kansas City. Ventura was fined an undisclosed amount by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for hitting Lawrie in the fourth inning of that game.

But it goes back even further for Ventura, who took exception to a Mike Trout line drive single in Anaheim on April 12. Trout later scored in that inning, and Ventura exchanged words with the MVP, leading to another bench-clearing altercation.
-----------------------------------------------

3 starts in a row. Jesus. The guy is unhinged.
Plunking Lawrie was legit, IMO. But this dude needs to check himself.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hamilton might be coming back....

:budd

Unless he magically turns over a new leaf again then :towel

D

Deuce

Bwaaahahahahaaaa!

I can't wait to see Iamtdg's about face the moment he hits his first homer in Arlington.

Rev

Staff member
Bwaaahahahahaaaa!

I can't wait to see Iamtdg's about face the moment he hits his first homer in Arlington.
I can assure you that wont happen. I dont really want it to happen but its really a low risk deal. Money has already been talked to and it looks like the Rangers will only be on the hook for 15 million of the 83 owed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bwaaahahahahaaaa!

Fuck him. I don't care if he hits 45 HRs. I don't think I have ever seen a player in any sport quit like he did. He is dead to me, regardless.

Rev

Staff member
7:15pm: The talks are still “complex” and “volatile” and remain incomplete, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (Twitter links). If the deal is completed, the Rangers will take on less than $15MM and will not send any players to their division rivals.

So basically a no risk move. Hated what he did at the end of his time with the Rangers previously but dont blame the front office for that kind of deal there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God dammit, I don't want him, but you can't beat that deal.

dallen

Senior Tech
God dammit, I don't want him, but you can't beat that deal.
Same. He nuked his bridges on the way out of town. I never want to see him in a Rangers uniform again

But that is a hell of a deal...

Rev

Staff member
I'll tell you once I see how far this goes. This has potential to end marriages, TO-style.
I gurantee you would be in the same boat if it was Longoria doing the same thing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The guy is a marginal talent now. I wouldn't bring him back regardless of the deal.

Are the Rangers that desperate for OF help?

Rev

Staff member
The guy is a marginal talent now. I wouldn't bring him back regardless of the deal.

Are the Rangers that desperate for OF help?
Actually yes. Have you seen whats starting in Left Field for us? Not to mention our 4th OFer is Delino Deshields Jr (who is a rule 5 draft pick we are trying to keep).

I dont think they see it that way, though. Its a gamble for sure but one that they can release if/when it fails.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Actually yes. Have you seen whats starting in Left Field for us? Not to mention our 4th OFer is Delino Deshields Jr (who is a rule 5 draft pick we are trying to keep).
Actually I haven't paid much attention to the Rangers. That's why I asked about their level of desperation.

Regardless.....I would still pass on Hamilton. He's not going to help them win games. Plus odds are he'll likely miss 35% of the remaining games due to injury.

So I certainly wouldn't bring back that headache. Plus I wouldn't bail out my division rival. Let them deal with his issues.

Rev

Staff member
Actually I haven't paid much attention to the Rangers. That's why I asked about their level of desperation.

Regardless.....I would still pass on Hamilton. He's not going to help them win games. Plus odds are he'll likely miss 35% of the remaining games due to injury.

So I certainly wouldn't bring back that headache. Plus I wouldn't bail out my division rival. Let them deal with his issues.
I will wager that Hamilton will help win more games than Smolinski, Pegura (sp?), and DeShields Jr.. It might not be a lot more but more than they will without. They can always release him if he flames out. As far as bailing the angels out they are still on the hook for most of the money and they arent getting any players back. It will still handicap them to a point.

Now I find myself debating the positives about bringing him back. I will still stand by my original view on it and that is that I dont really want him back but with that deal I can see the reason why they choose to. I hated Hamilton for what he did as much as everybody else did but the Rangers wanted him back regardless. JD was adamant that they were negotiating with him when he left. I listened to JD press conference that day and you could tell that he was shocked and dejected that the Angels came in and got him.

Rev

Staff member
I don't know about that. Not if he left the way he did and I threw a bitchfit over it.
Then im confused. Both Iamtdg and Dallan have said they dont want him back so that is consistent. Only thing said was that it was a good deal as far as money and no players sent.

You can have both opinions on seperate subjects.

Top Bottom