MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He was impressive from what I got to watch. It was a pleasant surprise.
He has pitched decent since the 2nd half of last season. If we had no injuries he would be our #5 and that would be very nice.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, the good news is the Twins are only 2 games out of first.

The bad news is they're 0-2 and have been outscored 15-0.

The announcers said this is the first time Detroit has started the season with back to back shut outs since Ty Cobb was playing for them...

:cry

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Well, the good news is the Twins are only 2 games out of first.

The bad news is they're 0-2 and have been outscored 15-0.

The announcers said this is the first time Detroit has started the season with back to back shut outs since Ty Cobb was playing for them...

:cry
:lol

That's only 90 or so years ago.

It is kind of a sickening feeling when your team is that slow out of the gate. Couldn't scratch out one goddamn run in two games? The Cubs have only managed two so far but fortunately Arrieta pitched very well today.

Rev

Staff member
:lol

That's only 90 or so years ago.

It is kind of a sickening feeling when your team is that slow out of the gate. Couldn't scratch out one goddamn run in two games? The Cubs have only managed two so far but fortunately Arrieta pitched very well today.

We have scored 3 so far in three games but have given up 19. :towel

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Can Ol Suck Ass pitch today? Didn't have much hope for Detweiler to begin with. Trying my best not to knee jerk but its so hard after games like that.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cleveland is 2 outs away from a combined no-hitter vs. Houston. The Astros have K'ed 14 times. That lineup has some real potential but there are going to be a lot of games where they strike out an obscene amount of times and can't put runs on the board.

Edit: Jed Lowrie homered as soon as I posted. No-no and shutout down the drain for Cleveland.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Cleveland is 2 outs away from a combined no-hitter vs. Houston. The Astros have K'ed 14 times. That lineup has some real potential but there are going to be a lot of games where they strike out an obscene amount of times and can't put runs on the board.

Edit: Jed Lowrie homered as soon as I posted. No-no and shutout down the drain for Cleveland.
I didn't count on it being "famine" to start the season. Nice to have a series with an inferior Arlington team next to get things adjusted.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't count on it being "famine" to start the season. Nice to have a series with an inferior Arlington team next to get things adjusted.
You sonofa...

Rev

Staff member
Laugh now. Cry later.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Braves off to a solid 3-0 start. Obviously it's not sustainable and they'll still finish with 55-60 wins but it feels damn good not having to watch them strike out 10+ times per game which seemed to be the norm the last few years.

This year they're actually putting the bat on the ball. They're not generating a ton of runs or hitting for a high average but putting the ball in play damn sure beats a strike out. Because at least when the ball is in play there's a chance for a defensive error and/or runners have a chance to advance.

Baby steps.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Rangers injury misery continues. Derek Holland expected to miss at least 2 month with a bad shoulder. They need that guy at his best if they are going to have any success this year & now he is hurt. Tough break.

Rev

Staff member
Rangers injury misery continues. Derek Holland expected to miss at least 2 month with a bad shoulder. They need that guy at his best if they are going to have any success this year & now he is hurt. Tough break.
We lost Choo to back spasms as well in that game. Don't think he will be out that long but the back can be tricky. Most teams would love to have our starting rotation on the DL. Darvish, Holland, Perez, and Harrison.

Even with Holland I thought the best we could do was .500 ball so I guess with lower expectations it doesn't sting as much as last season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just fucking kill me now.

Rev

Staff member

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Tim Beckham finally makes it up to the big club and crushed his first career HR today.

Joey Gallo who?

Top Bottom