MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why are you referencing this player? I thought this was the Joey Gallo Appreciation Thread.
You are correct sir. Joey is so good he already deserves his own thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we are going to talk about a stud player how about Jose Abreu. Jose Abreu hit his 19th home run yesterday. If the guy wasn't on the DL this season he would probably be leading the league in home runs.

Rev

Staff member
If we are going to talk about a stud player how about Jose Abreu. Jose Abreu hit his 19th home run yesterday. If the guy wasn't on the DL this season he would probably be leading the league in home runs.
Get out of here with that nonsense. This is the Joey Gallo Appreciation Thread.

D

Deuce

Now that Gillaspie is signed, I'm looking forward to him taking Luis Ortiz yard practically every time they face each other.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I appreciate Joey Gallo.

Rev

Staff member
Have to rethink my opinion on Tanaka. Knew he would be good but didn't think he would dominate this consistently. I wanted the Rangers to get him but not at the cost of everything else. Now I wished they would have.

Rev

Staff member
Now that Gillaspie is signed, I'm looking forward to him taking Luis Ortiz yard practically every time they face each other.
Ortiz will make it out of the rookie league so he only has until then to do it.

Rev

Staff member
Of course had we signed Tanaka I'm sure he would just be on the DL anyways.

Rev

Staff member
Gallo Tracker: 3rd homerun tonight in his 4th game at AA.

dallen

Senior Tech
I appreciate Joey Gallo, but I am leary of anyone with a name so similar to Joey Galloway.

Rev

Staff member
Meh.

He's no Miguel Sano.
Somebody compared his numbers last year to what Gallo had at the time and Sano numbers (it was slugging, K rate and OBP) were far worse than Gallos. It came in a discussion as to what prospect ranking Gallo would jump to after this season. Gallo at the beginning was at #60 and Sano was #6 according to Baseball America. Not saying anything negative towards Sano. Just that that was the benchmark this person used.

Oh by the way Gallo hit another tonight.

Rev

Staff member
John Paul Vacek (FF): What improvements does Gallo need to make in order to get promoted, just his Strikeout rate?
J.J. Cooper: He just got promoted because he has made significant improvements in his approach, his selectivity and his plan at the plate. All of those things are great signs for his long-term success because many hitters with his kind of power never make those adjustments. He’s on the fast track as it is–he’s playing at the same level as Kris Bryant right now and he’s nearly two years younger.

Trey R. (Virginia): Assuming Gallo continues on his tear and moves through AA and AAA over the next year or two, how many HR do you see in a single season at his prime?
J.J. Cooper: Well, we have seen 50 from home run leaders recently. If anyone else can do that, I think Gallo could at his best. Seriously, there is no one in the minors in years who hits home runs at the rate Gallo does. Giancarlo Stanton hit 91 minor league home runs in 1,226 minor league at-bats. That’s exceptional. Gallo has hit 86 home runs in 820 at-bats. That’s unreal.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...ot-sheet-chat/

Rev

Staff member
Relax, Reverend Gallo. I was just playing with you.
I know. Just a story that may or may not be interesting. I do wonder how far he will jump on that list.

If he fizzles out I may need someone to check on my health status.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I know. Just a story that may or may not be interesting. I do wonder how far he will jump on that list.

If he fizzles out I may need someone to check on my health status.
If he even stays somewhat close to his HR production, he'll jump to top 5 at least. How is his defense? He's a 3B, right?

As far as your health goes... When Sano had to have surgery this spring and was going to miss the season, it sucked. I was counting on him being a Sept. call up, and going full time next year. If Gallo stays healthy, I wouldn't think he'd have much of a problem making it to Texas in the next year or so. I just hope Sano fully recovers from that TJ surgery.

Rev

Staff member
If he even stays somewhat close to his HR production, he'll jump to top 5 at least. How is his defense? He's a 3B, right?

As far as your health goes... When Sano had to have surgery this spring and was going to miss the season, it sucked. I was counting on him being a Sept. call up, and going full time next year. If Gallo stays healthy, I wouldn't think he'd have much of a problem making it to Texas in the next year or so. I just hope Sano fully recovers from that TJ surgery.

From what I have read his defense is average I believe. There was some worry about his throws from 3rd but I havent seen any mention of bad throws since his 1st season. He has such a strong arm and was throwing in the 90s as a pitcher. In fact I read when he was drafted that several scouts said that he would have gone top 10 if he wanted to pitch. He wants to mash so ended up going in the compensation round (39).

He worked out with Giambi and Tulowitzki this past offseason back in Vegas and they really helped him with his plate approach. Thats been the biggest improvement this year and will hopefully continue. Originally I didnt think I would see him until end of 2016 but if he continues then probably end of next season. Maybe he can come up and bat behind Beltre and Fielder for protection!!

D

Deuce

If anyone can overcome a season ending injury, it's someone with a body type like Fielder

Rev

Staff member
If anyone can overcome a season ending injury, it's someone with a body type like Fielder
LOL.

We have to hope so because we are stuck with it.

Top Bottom