Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott comfortable with Cowboys staff

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's precisely what it was.
I mean there is some skill involved don't get me wrong but ultimately every NFL team passed on him including the Cowboys. You find franchise QB's in the fourth round or later in the draft at such a rare level.

In hindsight I see all this stuff I love about the guy now. But before the draft that stuff didn't seem so important.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I never thought he was as poor or raw a passer as Tebow, he was obviously much more refined and played much more like a traditional QB than Tebow. If it wasn't for them sharing a coach I doubt the comparison ever would've been made.

I was ok with him in the 4th because I thought that was a decent area to take a developmental guy who could be a solid backup, obviously I never thought he could be what he is, nor did anybody else since he dropped to not just the 4th, but to the compensatory section of the 4th.

The big thing I didn't know about him were the intangibles, the work ethic, competitiveness, along with his pocket presence, and the ability to be efficient in his decision making and go through progressions. That's really what has elevated him to the level he's at because his arm is strong enough but it isn't elite, and he's a good runner but he doesn't have explosive speed.

If you look at his last two years in college he threw for over 7,000 yards with an 8+ YPA, with 80 total TD's and just 16 INT's. I didn't pay much attention to him pre-draft because I was so focused on Wentz, Goff, and Lynch, but when I went back and saw those stats after we took him I was kind of shocked.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hadn't even heard of him and even though I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Noodle Arm as an option once Romo went down, at least he had some NFL experience. I thought the team was effed when the reins were handed to Dak and am happy to be wrong.

Now, as long as the "sophomore jinx" doesn't rear it's ugly, (admittedly) superstition based head.

Just blame me if it does. :unsure

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
man think about how lucky we've gotten on QB's and not having to spend major resources to get them. We must have some great scouts for QB's when we get a Tony Romo undrafted, Dak Prescott in the 4th and a Clint Stoerner off a tryout

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
man think about how lucky we've gotten on QB's and not having to spend major resources to get them. We must have some great scouts for QB's when we get a Tony Romo undrafted, Dak Prescott in the 4th and a Clint Stoerner off a tryout
One thing is not like the other.....

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
not entirely sure what you are trying to get at here...
He’s talking about Stoerner being thrown in there with Romo and Dak as an example of a success story.

Frankly, if it weren’t for the utter garbage that we were bringing in at QB back in those days, I’m not sure Stoerner even makes an NFL roster. He was more of a right place at the right time guy. Lucky enough to be surrounded by a bunch of other no-talent hacks therefore it was fairly easy for him to make the roster and ultimately score a few starts.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He’s talking about Stoerner being thrown in there with Romo and Dak as an example of a success story.

Frankly, if it weren’t for the utter garbage that we were bringing in at QB back in those days, I’m not sure Stoerner even makes an NFL roster. He was more of a right place at the right time guy. Lucky enough to be surrounded by a bunch of other no-talent hacks therefore it was fairly easy for him to make the roster and ultimately score a few starts.
Trash surrounded by trash?

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member

i was trolling. i thought it was obvious lol

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Looking forward to this year's hate pick(s) being made and seeing what becomes of him.

Top Bottom