Mike White Highlights

p1_

DCC 4Life
He got his ass handed to him that day, and Garrett hung him and Chaz out to dry. That'll go along way in creating trust between coach and QB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still remember the 5 INT game Romo put up against the Bills that year. He had his fair share of stinkers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He got his ass handed to him that day, and Garrett hung him and Chaz out to dry. That'll go along way in creating trust between coach and QB.
I can't help but think we destroyed Chaz as well. I thought he was a decent swing tackle. But forcing him into guard all off season long and throwing him out at LT with little to no work there was a disaster.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I can't help but think we destroyed Chaz as well. I thought he was a decent swing tackle. But forcing him into guard all off season long and throwing him out at LT with little to no work there was a disaster.
I wonder if he ever sees the field again, as a Cowboy or otherwise.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
My main concern is that Dak got rattled in that Atlanta game and seems to have some sort of PTSD from it, he always looked calm cool and collected before that game, but afterwards... skittish and jumpy.

Hopefully he can regain what I thought was his greatest asset, confidence.
If they can ride the running game early on with success, heshould have no problem.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I hope so, he really looks Brady'esque when he's not rattled.
There are some highlights on him against the better teams and he looks pretty shitty. Granted he was getting drilled and his receivers weren't getting open. Still, he looks terrible.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are some highlights on him against the better teams and he looks pretty shitty. Granted he was getting drilled and his receivers weren't getting open. Still, he looks terrible.

:lol He completes bomb down the field, WR fumbles it.

Yeah that's some ugly stuff to watch. Not so muhc White though as his team just looked terrible around him. Not surprising since Alabama is a slightly more talented team.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
16/33 249 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT's, 7.55 YPA
14/29 142 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT's, 4.90 YPA
17/29, 189 YDS, 1 TD, 0 INT's, 6.52 YPA

Total: 51.6 completion %, 6.37 YPA, 3 TD's/4 INT's

18/31 145 YDS, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, 4.68 YPA
20/27, 179 YDS, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, 6.63 YPA
21/34, 181 YDS, 0 TD's, 2 INT's, 5.32 YPA

Total: 64.1 completion %, 5.49 YPA, 0 TD's/7 INT's

I left out a handful of games with poor statistical performances due to them being wins where each QB made a few big plays (at NYG in 06, at OAK/vs. WAS in 17) but these are the 3 worst games from Romo in 06 and Prescott last year. I also left out the Atlanta game for obvious reasons.

So can we stop comparing a 2nd year Prescott with a 4th year Romo as if they are the same thing, especially when Romo put up plenty of his own stinkers, including a game at home vs. Philly that cost us the division that was very similar to Prescott's performance vs. Seattle?

And this is despite the fact that he had a better supporting cast, 06 Owens/Glenn were much better than 17 Dez/Williams despite their age, 06 Witten vs. 17 Witten is no contest, and 06 Jones/Barber were far superior to what we had at RB without Elliott. The only offensive unit that was arguably better for Prescott was the OL and even that is a toss-up with Smith out.

The fact of the matter is that Prescott was more or less playing at his 2016 level until everything went sideways with Smith, Elliott, and to a lesser extent Lee. Over the first 8 games of the year he put up 16 TD's/4 INT's (and another 4 rushing), 1818 YDS on 63% completion % and 7 YPA. He was on pace to more or less match 2016 statistically with a lower, but still pretty good YPA and completion % but with significantly more TD's and only 8 INT's.

Everything went to shit and you can blame Prescott for not being able to adjust, for perhaps being lulled into a false sense of complacency or being spoiled with his supporting cast, but the fact of the matter is that he was generally playing at the same level as he was in 2016 until Smith/Elliott went away.

There's also the very likely reality that many have to consider which is that Prescott may never be as good a QB as Romo but that he is still worthy of being the franchise QB for the next 10 years.
Romo had an OL with major holes in 2006. He also had the burden of carrying the offense.

Up until that key midpoint you mention, Dak had not been placed in that situation. He had perfect protection, good WRs, and an unbelievable running game.

One day he might mature the way Ben Roethlisberger has, but he’s nowhere near that level.

Like Romo, Prescott lacked the arm pedigree to be considered a high draft pick. You have to make up for that is some fashion.

Romo did it with a crazy creativity and fast release that occasionally got him into trouble, especially early on.

Prescott did it with a perfect, and I mean perfect, supporting cast.

Take that away, and what’s his edge?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I lke, no love, unrattled Dak and want that guy on my team. But the last half of the year was not great and he was the QB, no excuses. He made bad throws even when not under pressure. The year before, he threw deep balls, good ones and it stopped happening last year. Whether it was him, or coaching they need to knock that crap off. He'll have his running game, a slew of WR's with some of them being able to get deep and that needs to be part of the game plan again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Romo had an OL with major holes in 2006. He also had the burden of carrying the offense.

Up until that key midpoint you mention, Dak had not been placed in that situation. He had perfect protection, good WRs, and an unbelievable running game.

One day he might mature the way Ben Roethlisberger has, but he’s nowhere near that level.

Like Romo, Prescott lacked the arm pedigree to be considered a high draft pick. You have to make up for that is some fashion.

Romo did it with a crazy creativity and fast release that occasionally got him into trouble, especially early on.

Prescott did it with a perfect, and I mean perfect, supporting cast.

Take that away, and what’s his edge?
Prescott had similar holes on the OL last year when Smith was out and also had to carry the offense with Elliott out. You could also say he had to carry the offense for long stretches with Elliott during the first few games of the year.

I agree that Prescott was probably spoiled by 2016, panicked and didn't really know how to respond but I don't think that's a deal breaker, especially since the coaching staff seemingly didn't know what to do either.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Prescott had similar holes on the OL last year when Smith was out and also had to carry the offense with Elliott out. You could also say he had to carry the offense for long stretches with Elliott during the first few games of the year.

I agree that Prescott was probably spoiled by 2016, panicked and didn't really know how to respond but I don't think that's a deal breaker, especially since the coaching staff seemingly didn't know what to do either.
So what’s his edge? What talent does Prescott have that takes us deep into the playoffs?

We had three all pros on the OL and an elite RB talent in Zeke until Atlanta.

When did Romo ever have that?

What more do we need to win with Dak?

This is why I wanted a player like Vea at any cost. When you have a great defense and running game, your QB can take years to mature like Roethlisberger or Flacco and you can contend every year.

Now we’re left hoping Dak magically gets Philly 2017 coaching and carries the team.

We’re fucked.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We had three all pros on the OL and an elite RB talent in Zeke until Atlanta. When did Romo ever have that?
In 2014, Romo had Murray, Zach, Leary, Smith and Frederick. Not to mention Dez at his peak. So yeah, Romo had a loaded gun in '14. Its no coincidence that the GB playoff was the closest Romo ever came to sniffing a conference title.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In 2014, Romo had Murray, Zach, Leary, Smith and Frederick. Not to mention Dez at his peak. So yeah, Romo had a loaded gun in '14. Its no coincidence that the GB playoff was the closest Romo ever came to sniffing a conference title.
Exactly. And a weird playoff tiebreaker had us on the road in GB after beating Detroit instead of a first round bye.

That Lions game was physical and cost us. With another week of rest we win the divisional round and advance to the NFC Championship.

And forget about that inane no-catch ruling on Dez or fucked-up fumble by Murray.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I still remember the 5 INT game Romo put up against the Bills that year. He had his fair share of stinkers.

But didn't we win the game?

Top Bottom