***Mike Mayock Invitational - Interest Thread***

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I get the point. Who wants to play as the Slurs or the Colts when they don't have a first rounder?

D

Deuce

I wouldn't want to, but it also eliminates all if the (limited) legitimacy the mock has. It everyone gets 2 teams everyone will have enough to do, even if you team doesn't have a 1st.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I wouldn't want to, but it also eliminates all if the (limited) legitimacy the mock has. It everyone gets 2 teams everyone will have enough to do, even if you team doesn't have a 1st.
I hope you get the Slurs and the Colts.

SfielDallas

Brand New Member
Here's my take:
1. Don't reset draft picks.
2. Don't give anyone Cleveland, or Stl. They have 2 first and extra picks and are a lock to finish high.
3. Don't good anyone Dallas. Again they have no chance at winning.
4. Don't give anyone Indy or was. You don't have a chance without a 1st.
5. KC is also in bad shape.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly, I think the 2 team thing is silly.

Even if you don't orchestrate trades, you can still rig things if you do it correctly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Even if you don't orchestrate trades, you can still rig things if you do it correctly.
And the grading could be convoluted because of it. Like I said before I had rather just have enough people participating to get to 32 or at least close.

D

Deuce

We would have to take precautions. Something like draw names with only the first 16 teams. Then match their 2nd team to be the team 16 picks later. So if you draw Houston, you automatically get Baltimore at 17. If you get Dallas at 16, you get Seattle and so on. It's the only way to make sure someone with 2 teams does't try and affect their other. If they make a ton of trades to do that later in the draft, chances are they will have made bad deals to set that crap up and it'll hurt them overall.

Plus, I think if we did it, we should make the grade comprehensive. A great draft and a piss poor draft will average out to about a C. Two great drafts will put you at the top.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We would have to take precautions. Something like draw names with only the first 16 teams. Then match their 2nd team to be the team 16 picks later. So if you draw Houston, you automatically get Baltimore at 17. If you get Dallas at 16, you get Seattle and so on. It's the only way to make sure someone with 2 teams does't try and affect their other. If they make a ton of trades to do that later in the draft, chances are they will have made bad deals to set that crap up and it'll hurt them overall.

Plus, I think if we did it, we should make the grade comprehensive. A great draft and a piss poor draft will average out to about a C. Two great drafts will put you at the top.
I would think it would be Houston/Seattle and so on, with the 16th person getting Dallas/Baltimore.

D

Deuce

I would think it would be Houston/Seattle and so on, with the 16th person getting Dallas/Baltimore.
No. I wouldn't want anyone having picks close together so they are tempted to swap or take someone they don't want so their other team has better options. Even worse if they have back to back picks.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I would have thought we're grown men who could play "bona fide"... :picard

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No. I wouldn't want anyone having picks close together so they are tempted to swap or take someone they don't want so their other team has better options. Even worse if they have back to back picks.
Interesting thought. I would just try to get good players with both picks because I'd be criticized more for the bad pick than I would be admired for the good one.

D

Deuce

Interesting thought. I would just try to get good players with both picks because I'd be criticized more for the bad pick than I would be admired for the good one.
I would too and I would hope everyone has that same thought, but I'm sure someone would get tempted.

My 2nd thought about the grading would go a long way towards keeping the temptation away as well. If you sacrifice one grade for the other, you're total grade would probably be average. But the person who knocks 2 drafts out of the park will run away with it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would too and I would hope everyone has that same thought, but I'm sure someone would get tempted.

My 2nd thought about the grading would go a long way towards keeping the temptation away as well. If you sacrifice one grade for the other, you're total grade would probably be average. But the person who knocks 2 drafts out of the park will run away with it.
As much as it would be technically 2 drafts I think most of the people doing the grading will look at it as one big draft per player.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can't we just get 32 fucking people to sign up instead of arguing this stupid 2 team shit?

Top Bottom