Mendez: Bernadeau says he kept working, kept picking Waters' mind

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bernadeau says he kept working, kept picking Waters' mind all that time on the sideline

Mackenzy Bernadeau couldn’t do much while he was on the sideline and Brian Waters was starting at right guard.

But he could pick Waters’ mind, and he did that, at least.

“I feel like if you’re not on the field, you’re always trying to pick up things to learn and learn from other players,” Bernadeau said. “Waters is a great player to learn from. I’d pick his mind while he was in meeting rooms with us. I definitely enjoyed having him and learning from him.

“Again, you never want to be on the sideline, but it’s part of the business. You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do and get better.”

Bernadeau is preparing to make his second start since Waters went out for the season with a triceps injury. Waters, signed one week into the season, took over the job at right guard in Week 4 and started five games.

Bernadeau said he didn’t let his work habits slip when he wasn’t playing.

“Even when I was out of it, I was still working on getting better and staying in the groove with practice and staying after practice to get the reps,” he said. “I feel like you can always continue to get better, even if you’re not playing, just picking people’s minds and seeing them play on the field and doing what you have to do. You have to be professional about it and always be ready.”

-- Carlos Mendez

dallas0593

Brand New Member
For the "workout warrior" this guy was suppose to be, he and his super human strength have been pushed into the backfield more times then i care to count. Maybe you should watch some game tape and pay special attention to this thing called leverage.

Top Bottom