Mendez: B.W. Webb understands benching

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
B.W. Webb understands benching, but wants to show he's 'not going to go away easy'

Rookie cornerback B.W. Webb said he figured there would be rough moments in his rookie season.

Now that he’s been benched, he just wants to get back to work and prove something.

“That I’m not going to go away easy,” he said. “You’re going to have your ups and downs in this league. You just got to be able to shake it off and come back, be ready to work. I figured there was going to be a time like this. So, just got to get back to work.”

Webb was the Cowboys’ only option after Morris Claiborne went down with a hamstring injury, and he struggled. He was in coverage on touchdown passes against the New York Giants and Chicago Bears. In New Orleans, he passed up a tackle at the goal line, also getting benched in that game.

Two weeks ago, the Cowboys brought in Sterling Moore, whom Webb had beaten out for a roster spot in training camp, for cornerback help, and Moore spent this week working with the first team.

“I know I messed up a couple times,” Webb said. “I just got to get back to work, get on the grind again.”

He said he understands the mistakes he made in coverage, and that the game is not moving too fast for him.

“No, not really,” he said. “It’s just a lot more assignments at nickel. Just got to be on it every day.”

And he understands why he has been taken off the field.

“I mean, nobody’s cool with that,” he said. “But it happened. So there’s nothing I can say right now.”

-- Carlos Mendez

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We should have never cut Sterling Moore in the first place. Black Wiener has been pretty sad most of the year. He just appears afraid to play the football or stick his nose in on a tackle.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We should have never cut Sterling Moore in the first place. Black Wiener has been pretty sad most of the year. He just appears afraid to play the football or stick his nose in on a tackle.
Only player on the team to play more scared than Romo.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yep. It was dead obvious in training camp that at best Webb was not ready to play. So yeah, never should have cut Moore.

Top Bottom