Martin sustained no damage to knee

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Just got FWd a tweet from my son thru DMN.
MRI negative and he is supposed to be good for opener.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

p1_

DCC 4Life
Preseason games are a horrible idea. When will we ever get rid of them?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't like the "bone bruise" thing. Remember Anthony Spencer's "bone bruise" that basically ended his career?
I thought Spencer's deal was a bone on bone, lack of cartilage thing. I don't think Martin has this problem.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I thought Spencer's deal was a bone on bone, lack of cartilage thing. I don't think Martin has this problem.
That’s what I remember.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Let's look at it this way, if Martin is going to need microfracture surgery that could end his career we'll figure it out within the next month or two, so no reason to fret about it now.

For now I'll just assume that's not the case.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It started with the same diagnosis...bone bruise.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
yeah. I havent heard this bone bruise label thrown around either. Just hyper extension.
There was a tweet that mentioned the bone bruise. I jist dont remember which media person tweeted it or I would post. Just remember seeing it on one of the many tweets after the news broke yesterday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For lack of trying to be "that guy" on a message board that starts throwing out medical journals as source material, a bone bruise means there are small fractures that lead to the hemmoraging.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was a tweet that mentioned the bone bruise. I jist dont remember which media person tweeted it or I would post. Just remember seeing it on one of the many tweets after the news broke yesterday.
Yeah I saw this from Todd Archer.

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer
After MRI today on his hyperextended left knee, the Cowboys believe Zack Martin will be able to play in the Sept. 9 season opener at Carolina, according to a source. The knee checked out fine structurally and he is dealing with a bone bruise.

I guess he calls it hyperextended and a bone bruise. Anyway, doesn't remind me at all of what happened with Spencer and it sounds like Martin will be ready for week one.

My bigger concern is Woods at this point. Especially since our first string defense has looked so good with him.

Top Bottom