Marinelli to Bucs with Lovie Smith

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I find it hard to believe that you could live in Texas and be truly harassed and bothered as a fan of the Cowboys on the same level as in Philly.
:lol

Come to Houston, and you'll see.

The only saving grace is that there are a ton of Cowboys fans here too, but I think that only serves to piss off the Texans fanbase even further.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't speak for Ace, but I was obviously joking. You can't drive 2 blocks in Lubbock without seeing something Cowboys related.
Yeah, I figured you were, I was more referring to him.

I suspect Texans fans are annoying like Panthers fans were annoying when I lived in North Carolina. Maybe amped up a bit in the case of Texans fans.

But at the end of the day, not enough true opposition built into the culture of being anti-Dallas to really get up there with Philly or to a lesser extent NY or DC. How could it be? Probably 45% of Houston's residents are Cowboys fans, like the rest of the state.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I find it hard to believe people give a shit. Ignore them. Trolls tend to get bored if they don't get a rise out of you.

And I thought you guys didn't wear Cowboys gear? How do random strangers know you're a fan of a team not in that city?
I don't, but talking to friends, co-workers, acquaintances, etc, it comes out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do Cowboys want Rod Marinelli to be their defensive coordinator?
By David Moore
dmoore@dallasnews.com
10:28 am on January 2, 2014

Rod Marinelli is at his office at Valley Ranch this morning.

The question is how much longer he’ll continue to report to work with the Cowboys.

There are a lot of moving parts here. This isn’t simply a matter of whether or not the Cowboys will allow their defensive line coach out of his contract to join Lovie Smith in Tampa Bay. It comes down to whether or not the club wants Marinelli to be the Cowboys next defensive coordinator.

Marinelli served that role in an unofficial capacity this season. Monte Kiffin held the title, but Marinelli helped implement and oversaw much of what went on. The front office holds Marinelli in high regard. He is the logical successor to Kiffin.

If the Cowboys make a move with Kiffin _ and that appears likely _ why would they let Marinelli walk? Sure, they could ask for compensation. But will a draft pick compensate for the loss of continuity that comes from allowing the two architects of your new 4-3 defense walk one year after they arrived?

Smith wanting Marinelli to join him in Tampa Bay as his defensive coordinator makes sense. But it makes no sense for the Cowboys to let Marinelli go unless they are comfortable they have a strong candidate to replace him. This is where Leslie Frazier comes into the equation.

The former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings is also on Smith’s short list. He will likely wind up with the Bucs as their defensive coordinator if Marinelli doesn’t.

So what is the Cowboys play here? If they are convinced Frazier would be a good fit in Dallas, why not pursue him, let Marinelli go and see if a draft pick can be acquired in the process? But if you want to move forward with Marinelli, commit now and work out a graceful exit strategy for Kiffin.

These are some of the scenarios Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones and head coach Jason Garrett are discussing at Valley Ranch this morning.

Cotton

Staff member
Reading now that we could possibly swap 1's with TB as compensation.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ok, this was done prior to our 4th and final meaningless preseason game against the Texans:

ARLINGTON (105.3 THE FAN) – Houston-based Sports Radio 610 is passionate about Dallas — or at least their complete and utter dislike for the city.
On Thursday, the ‘Home of the Texans’ came out with their list of ‘99 Ways Houston Is Better Than Dallas‘. The station took it a step further by hiring a plane to fly over AT&T Stadium, displaying a banner that read “#HOUSTONISBETTER @SPORTSRADIO610″ prior to Thursday’s game.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/08/30/cowboys-fans-react-to-dallas-hate-from-houston/

Again, I ask, has Philly or any other city/fanbase been known to do this?

You guys who have never lived here or been here really don't know how bad this group is to deal with.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Average Texans fan enjoys Cowboys failure and likes to prod, but that it is as bad here as Philly or DC is absurd. Jesus.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
We'd move from 18 or 19 to SEVEN?

GTFO, Marinelli.
I don't believe it, but if it's true then hells yes. GTFO yesterday for that kind of compensation. Hire Frazier or someone else instead.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
On the .001% offchance that we could actually swap those picks, I'd do it in a second and throw in Kiffin for good measure.

We could get Manziel, Bortles or Barr at 7, Khalil Mack would be a backup plan.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Reading now that we could possibly swap 1's with TB as compensation.
I've seen a few tweets saying we might get to swap 2nds but nothing about 1sts

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take the 2nd and be just fine with that as well.

I'd actually be impressed with our retarded braintrust if they could pull that kind of consideration out of their asses.

D

Deuce

On the .001% offchance that we could actually swap those picks, I'd do it in a second and throw in Kiffin for good measure.

We could get Manziel, Bortles or Barr at 7, Khalil Mack would be a backup plan.
~hyperventilates~

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I've seen a few tweets saying we might get to swap 2nds but nothing about 1sts
I'm on my phone. When I get home I will find the tweet. He didn't say it was happening but that he thought it could. But it is Broaddus after all so take it with a grain of salt.

Cotton

Staff member
@BryanBroaddus: “@JC121982: @BryanBroaddus You really think we got a shot at swapping 1st rd picks if tb wants marinelli? What we do w/it?” Why not?

Top Bottom