Maliek Collins breaks foot in OTAs

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez tried to play after what like 6 weeks? We rushed him back and he required a second surgery as a result. Collins on the other hand has the luxury of being able to take the full 10-12 week recovery time. Do you know why they say 10-12 week recovery time? Because that's how long it should take to heal from the injury. If it was a 18 month injury like you suggest, the recovery time would be 18 months not 10-12 weeks.
I expect a full 12 weeks, which takes us to the start of the season.

Do you want a rookie playing game one with no TC, no practice, and virtually no OTA's and on a tender foot?

Better he's PUPed and gets another 6 weeks to rehab with some lead time to practice.

Then you phase him in, like Lawrence was. If his foot is still tender, you IR him.

This is a 300 pound DT who fires off his foot into one-three similarly built OL every play. No other position puts more pressure on his foot.

Save the roster spot and save the rookie. Use PUP.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I expect a full 12 weeks, which takes us to the start of the season.

Do you want a rookie playing game one with no TC, no practice, and virtually no OTA's and on a tender foot?

Better he's PUPed and gets another 6 weeks to rehab with some lead time to practice.

Then you phase him in, like Lawrence was. If his foot is still tender, you IR him.

This is a 300 pound DT who fires off his foot into one-three similarly built OL every play. No other position puts more pressure on his foot.

Save the roster spot and save the rookie. Use PUP.
August 19th is actually 12 weeks for Collins. That means he would be fully healthy with 2 preseason games still to go. So why in the hell would you PUP him instead of letting him play in the last 2 preseason games and start getting him ready for the regular season? Lawrence had a similar injury and missed what, like 7 games his rookie year? And was a big factor in the playoffs. I don't expect Collins to have a big impact in the first 6 games of the season but I expect him to get his feet wet so that maybe down the stretch he can have a big time impact.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
August 19th is actually 12 weeks for Collins. That means he would be fully healthy with 2 preseason games still to go. So why in the hell would you PUP him instead of letting him play in the last 2 preseason games and start getting him ready for the regular season? Lawrence had a similar injury and missed what, like 7 games his rookie year? And was a big factor in the playoffs. I don't expect Collins to have a big impact in the first 6 games of the season but I expect him to get his feet wet so that maybe down the stretch he can have a big time impact.
OK, I buy the timelines. I'm just conservative and feel an interior tackle should get as much time as needed to recover without feeling forced to come back too soon.

Top Bottom