MacMahon: 'This needs to be the standard' for offense

D

Deuce

If Kiffin's defense remains historically bad and he's fired at the end of the year, I wouldn't mind if they stayed with the Tampa 2 defense with under a new coordinator who has fresher ideas.

I wouldn't limit myself to coordinators who run the Tampa 2 which would be a Jerry move. If there is a stud out there who runs a completely different scheme I'd be all for scrapping the Tampa 2.

I'm all for a little continuity but if there is obviously a better alternative available we'd be fools not to explore them.
I want Marinelli retained nomatter what. He's worked wonders with this crappy group he's been given. Whether it's as DC or whatever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I want Marinelli retained nomatter what. He's worked wonders with this crappy group he's been given. Whether it's as DC or whatever.
So what's he going to do? Be given an all-timer player in the draft and it's all okay?

Honestly, I think it is a flawed system with the bulk of our personnel. It isn't just the line being crappy.

We have guys like Carter, Claiborne, Carr and even Lee who have talent, but can't play in the system effectively in less than optimal conditions (in other words, the "rushmen" are doing their jobs).

And it is going to get worse next year...gimpy Crawford will be depended on as some savior and we don't even know what the hell he can do and we will probably have to hand Hatcher a big contract. Even more frightening is that we are actually still considering Microfracture Boy coming back.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Getting Crawford back will be like having an extra draft pick. :tippytoe
An extra free agent since its been a couple of years since he was drafted.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I said the same thing.

There's no reason this team shouldn't be scoring close to 30 points every week. Yesterday showed what they are capable of when they are motivated to play an opponent.

I don't expect them to score 48 every week but the garbage we say in KC and SD is unacceptable.

It's on Romo and Garrett to pick it up and get the guys fired up to play every week. They shouldn't have to rely on a marquee opponent coming into town for them to play their A game.

No excuse.

Yep.

Top Bottom