MacMahon: Give GM credit - McClain a great addition

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm sure Lee "could" play WLB, I'm also sure it wouldn't help him stay healthy. The grass hurt him, grass.
All righty, then. So we'll just chalk you up as not really knowing the difference between a MLB and a WLB.

The grass hurt him... :lol

Damn. Now, that's a good one.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So he's not better than the back ups we had on the roster? 31 other teams apparently didn't feel like they could handle his emotions, Dallas did. Since Dallas did, shouldn't he have been on the radar? I don't think I'm minimizing it, I think it worked out great so far. I think we should be more proactive in finding quality depth. But hey, lets all jump on Jerry's balls, he deserves it and stuff.
I'm not jumping on Jerry's balls at all. Just saying it was a good pick up...props to whoever was responsible for it, but hey let's cry and whine about how he got here. Never mind the results.

Newt

DCC 4Life
All righty, then. So we'll just chalk you up as not really knowing the difference between a MLB and a WLB.

The grass hurt him... :lol

Damn. Now, that's a good one.
Why would that mean I don't know the difference? I don't think anything could help keep him healthy.

And didn't he hurt himself before Martin ever touched him? His knee buckled, nothing to be ashamed of, but I don't see how playing a different position would keep him from that injury. Some players just can't stay healthy, I think lee is one of them.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I'm not jumping on Jerry's balls at all. Just saying it was a good pick up...props to whoever was responsible for it, but hey let's cry and whine about how he got here. Never mind the results.
It was a good pick up, I'm just surprised at the amount of props being given out. The results have been great in McClain's case. But how many times has everyone made fun of the "the roster is set" mentality? I read that shit every day for I don't know how long. That's the type of mentality that caused us to go looking for McClain, its not Jerry being a great GM, its Jerry getting lucky.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It was a good pick up, I'm just surprised at the amount of props being given out. The results have been great in McClain's case. But how many times has everyone made fun of the "the roster is set" mentality? I read that shit every day for I don't know how long. That's the type of mentality that caused us to go looking for McClain, its not Jerry being a great GM, its Jerry getting lucky.
Feels like you wanted to bitch about something. Mission accomplished.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just keep in mind some folks would rather cut half their Dick off than offer anything complimentary to the Cowboys GM. :art

Newt

DCC 4Life
Feels like you wanted to bitch about something. Mission accomplished.
Just stating an opinion, had Jerry used some foresight and picked up McClain before it was a necessity, before we had no other options, it would have been prop worthy.

As it stands, we panicked, picked up a head case, and have been very lucky so far. To me, its not prop worthy. McClain has been good, I liked the move when we traded for him, low risk high reward. But it took someone getting hurt for us to go looking, we should always be looking.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If anything, I prop Jerry the owner for wooing the guy his GM wanted...basically talked him back into football.

Jerry the GM shouldn'the retain his job for going all in on this nutcase.

Top Bottom