MacMahon: Beasley key to creating mismatches for Dez

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think that is in question. We have all watched the games. He obviously has not, but the question is why. My guess is they know or have seen in practice that he can't get separation.
I don't know whether they have done this or not. I haven't seen it nor have I heard of any stories about it. I'm just speculating that it is a possibility.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd like to get Harris more chances just based on his YAC. Street could split out wide too and allow Dez space underneath if he makes a couple plays on the outside.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd like to get Harris more chances just based on his YAC. Street could split out wide too and allow Dez space underneath if he makes a couple plays on the outside.
I would, too. I've wondered why he doesn't get more opportunities as a WR. Are they afraid to use him because of his return skills? If so, that's just stupid. Get him the ball 4-5 times a game on slants, drags, bubble screens, etc... Like you said, his strength is YAC. His open field running ability would be a nice weapon to utilize.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I like Harris far better than the midge. Harris rocks, basically.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would, too. I've wondered why he doesn't get more opportunities as a WR. Are they afraid to use him because of his return skills? If so, that's just stupid. Get him the ball 4-5 times a game on slants, drags, bubble screens, etc... Like you said, his strength is YAC. His open field running ability would be a nice weapon to utilize.
I think they are saving him for returns...which I hate, but right now who else on the roster can return kicks? We are limited there.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Harris has more speed and is a breakaway threat but Beasley has better hands and runs routes better.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think they are saving him for returns...which I hate, but right now who else on the roster can return kicks? We are limited there.
Yeah, but I'd rather give up a few yards in the return game for the chance to have somebody who might be electric in the receiving game, even with limited chances. I mean, I realize he poses the threat to take it all the way on any given return. But is the difference of his 25 yd return avg as opposed to somebody else's 20 yds avg that much of a deterrent? As long as the 20 yd guy hangs on to the ball, give me the chance to add that explosive element to the offense. Imo, it would make a bigger overall difference.

hstour

Brand New Member
Actually, he was 2nd in the league with a 30.6 avg kickoff return and and 3rd in punts with 12.8. Starting field position helps your offense even if the drive stalls. 857 total yards on kickoffs is a significant amount of yards in grading a 3rd/4th WR. So I'd say yes, I would rather have that in the return game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't want Harris taken off the Return game at all. He can still have a part in the offense just don't take away from what he does best.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think he can do both. And should.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I actually think he can. The reason I believe this is because he can get separation pretty quickly for an average speed guy. He probably won't be a vertical threat but he can be consistent enough on the short or intermediate pass to keep the chains moving.
Does he remind you of Jimmy Orr from the Baltimore Colts?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven't seen enough o Jimmy Orr to make a comparison. He has some Welker traits but the one I see the most is an old player named Howard Twilley.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven't seen enough o Jimmy Orr to make a comparison. He has some Welker traits but the one I see the most is an old player named Howard Twilley.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Go ahead and count me in as one who agrees that the white dwarf can make an impact. He's not going to get huge touches because our offense is not set up for that but he can make a difference in the passing game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So, it begs the question: If your choice of smurfish white receivers is Danny Amendola or Beasley, who would you take? I'm thinking Amendola, just because he's had some very solid seasons in the league thus far....

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So, it begs the question: If your choice of smurfish white receivers is Danny Amendola or Beasley, who would you take? I'm thinking Amendola, just because he's had some very solid seasons in the league thus far....
Amendola at this point but he's injury prone...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think I go with Beasley. I think he has surer hands. I also think he runs better routes and is better at making moves toward separation much quicker. Beasley know he isn't fast but he is pretty quick off the line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trick question, all tiny white WR's are the same...

Top Bottom