Machota: Jerry Jones says DeMarco Murray brings something Cowboys ‘can’t do without’

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd have no issue giving Murray a 4, maybe 5 year deal around 5-6 per year. On the other hand the thought of a fresh, angry Peterson coming off a season where he barely played and has something to prove behind our OL makes my pants tight.

I also like the RB's coming out this year a lot but I'd really rather conserve our picks for the defensive side of the ball where we need talent on every level, and not just spend a premium pick that may just maintain the status quo or worse with regard to a Murray-level replacement.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The RBs this year are underwhelming IMO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Come on man...this is dumb. We are using college stats now? Meanwhile, I clearly said he has not produced at the pro level.
It the only stats that are viable since he really didn't establish any in the pros. If it's dumb then what do scouts and GMs use when they draft candidates?

Carp

DCC 4Life
It the only stats that are viable since he really didn't establish any in the pros. If it's dumb then what do scouts and GMs use when they draft candidates?
You have no point.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The RBs this year are underwhelming IMO.
It's totally dependent on the juniors but Gurley is the best RB to come out in years and guys like Abdullah, Yeldon and Gordon are all late 1st to early 2nd types, I also like Duke Johnson a lot. If all these guys declare its probably the best RB class in years.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Then say something to refute the statement. Don't just make an off the wall sentence.
When I say the guy has not produced on the pro level and your argument is that he did on the college level...you have no point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When I say the guy has not produced on the pro level and your argument is that he did on the college level...you have no point.
It doesn't mean he can't produce. It simply means his opportunities have been limited. You can't just dismiss the entire background.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It doesn't mean he can't produce. It simply means his opportunities have been limited. You can't just dismiss the entire background.
I don't think it is smart to count on Williams as a member of a tandem of backs when he has not produced on the NFL level. Thanks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think it is smart to count on Williams as a member of a tandem of backs when he has not produced on the NFL level. Thanks.
That's a classier response than " come on man this is dumb". Props.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I wouldn't want to give him more than 4 years, but I would certainly be in favor of about 4 years 20 mil, maybe with some extra up front, like a year two roster bonus that mitigates some of the cap hit if we had to cut him early.

I don't see why something like that would be cap prohibitive when talking about someone who has become as valuable as Murray has.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wouldn't mind 4 years 20 million as long as it was basically a year to year deal.

Top Bottom