Machota: I’m thrilled to cover America’s Team for The Athletic

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If anyone is looking for good content that is worth paying for, look no further than The Athletic. They have assembled a damn good team of writers.
they definitely have a good collection of writers and I have always enjoyed Bob Sturm's pieces.

However, do I need to read his analysis that bad to the point that I pay for it?

Nah.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
they definitely have a good collection of writers and I have always enjoyed Bob Sturm's pieces.

However, do I need to read his analysis that bad to the point that I pay for it?

Nah.
If it were a lot of money I would agree. Their subscription is cheap as hell.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
I just sent in my application to The Athletic.

Told them I 'own' a popular Cowboys online forum and have delivered Cowboys content for over 20 years. Often first providing groundbreaking news, I rely on a source of feet-on-the-street sources (ie the real estate agent that's showing a house to an NFL player).

However, I can be an asset to The Athletic due to a unique characteristic, similar to how the Cowboys are uniquely positioned in the NFL, in that I attract a legion of devoted followers that love and hate me, but they don't ignore me. I assure you, subscribers' hate mail at The Athletic will rise, but they won't cancel. How do I know? Ask Bobby at my office. Ask Dandy Dean, one of my tenants. None of them Cowboys fans, but they want to know...check that...need to know my opinion.

We'll see how it goes. I anticipate a response within 72 hours.

Top Bottom