Machota - Garrett: Vaughan ‘a lot better’ in Year 2; ‘He wants to be a great player’

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Are you seriously inferring that Jerry or those scouts back then had a hand in Romo's development?

Please say yes.
:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you seriously inferring that Jerry or those scouts back then had a hand in Romo's development?

Please say yes.
Jerry was pure sarcasm. I thought that was obvious.

The scouts obviously didn't develop anyone but they may have had a hand in us signing and keeping Romo. Then again I have no idea who was all involved with scouting him back then and which of those people are still with the organization.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Jerry was pure sarcasm. I thought that was obvious.

The scouts obviously didn't develop anyone but they may have had a hand in us signing and keeping Romo. Then again I have no idea who was all involved with scouting him back then and which of those people are still with the organization.
By all accounts of it I've seen it was only Payton standing on the table for him, as for his development Romo himself has creditied Parcells, Lee, and Payton.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Also, Romo chose Dallas because he correctly intuited that his best chance to eventually start was here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By all accounts of it I've seen it was only Payton standing on the table for him, as for his development Romo himself has creditied Parcells, Lee, and Payton.
If you think our scout for that region never saw him play you're either crazy or we have the worst scouts in the NFL.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If you think our scout for that region never saw him play you're either crazy or we have the worst scouts in the NFL.
I don't think that's what he said. Only that of the guys in the room on draft day, it was Sean Payton that was the one touting Romo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think that's what he said. Only that of the guys in the room on draft day, it was Sean Payton that was the one touting Romo.
Well sure, and I'm sure there was a scouting report done on Romo. Something that is used by the guys in the warm room on draft day to determine who the priority UDFA's will be.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep pretty much

Well sure, and I'm sure there was a scouting report done on Romo. Something that is used by the guys in the warm room on draft day to determine who the priority UDFA's will be.
I'd hope there was a scouting report done on Romo too, but every report of it I've seen has said Payton was the only one in Romo's corner for him to be made a priority udfa.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They played at the same shool didn't they?

Top Bottom