Machota: Cowboys roster ranking by position - Dak Prescott, Micah Parsons lift QB, LB

p1_

DCC 4Life
Safety. This is about as strong as the position group has been over the past decade. Re-signing Jayron Kearse was the most important move. Re-signing Malik Hooker to go along with Donovan Wilson should give the Cowboys a pretty good trio on the back end. The expectation is that the safeties should be even better in Year 2 working with defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. Dallas usually keeps four safeties, so that final roster spot could come down to Israel Mukuamu and undrafted rookie Markquese Bell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bold prediction: Bell beats out Mukwuamu.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bold prediction: Bell beats out Mukwuamu.
If you're only keeping 4 safeties. You have to ask yourself who is the better FS because we've got guys who can play in the box. I think we keep 5 safeties though. I think the plan is to use Bell in more of a LBer/Safety hybrid role like Neal was supposed to be and Kearse was.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you're only keeping 4 safeties. You have to ask yourself who is the better FS because we've got guys who can play in the box. I think we keep 5 safeties though. I think the plan is to use Bell in more of a LBer/Safety hybrid role like Neal was supposed to be and Kearse was.
If that is the design to have one safety function as a joker or rover, then the guys we are working with seem promising. Kearse was impressive but if somebody figures him out, we need options.

p1_

DCC 4Life
yes, I hear the Kearse role comparisons already.

Top Bottom