LOL @ the Redskins

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I would say he might have ruined Mazi. The weight loss is unacceptable.
I think that story is way overblown. I don't blame the coaches for that until I definitively hear otherwise.

Besides, he sucked in camp before he lost the weight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that story is way overblown. I don't blame the coaches for that until I definitively hear otherwise.

Besides, he sucked in camp before he lost the weight.
I mean I get that he sucked in camp. But I think it would have been a hell of a lot easier to get better as the season went on if he wasn't busy trying to cut 30-40 pounds. There is a normal adjustment for NT's going from college to the NFL. Instead of developing him, we went full rebuild on the guy. Hope it works out, but hope isn't a strategy. So you kind of have to just keep working with him but don't count on him for anything.

Sounds like the strategy you should have for a sixth round pick. Not a first round pick.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I mean I get that he sucked in camp. But I think it would have been a hell of a lot easier to get better as the season went on if he wasn't busy trying to cut 30-40 pounds.
Agree, but do we even know the coaches "made" him do that? As far as I know, that all started from Broaddus based only on the fact that they monitor the players' weights and knew he was losing. Well, duh. As much as he lost everyone could see it.

I'm just not sure they coaches put a gun to his head and made him do it. We're not sure what was going on there. It's not like they made Hankins or Bohanna lose a ton of weight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just not sure they coaches put a gun to his head and made him do it. We're not sure what was going on there. It's not like they made Hankins or Bohanna lose a ton of weight.
I have a hard time picturing a guy who was 330 pounds in college, getting to the NFL, with unlimited money (by comparison) and suddenly going, I'm going to lose 40 pounds of weight. Just feels like a far stretch to me. Most guys get bigger when they hit the NFL, not smaller. Teams do weigh ins to make sure a guy isn't overweight, not underweight. So while none of us know for sure (Which seems really stupid, someone could ask the guy) I think logic certainly has me leaning hard in one direction. And why the hell would there be a gag order on it, unless it was ordered by the team? Why is the subject taboo?

Truth is, usually a team has a guy like this lose weight because they think they are sloppy. They want them to trim down and add it back on. Also you are wrong on Bohanna, I know they had him lose weight to "rebuild" his body. But he was starting at like 360+ and I think he got down to 330.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So while none of us know for sure (Which seems really stupid, someone could ask the guy) I think logic certainly has me leaning hard in one direction. And why the hell would there be a gag order on it, unless it was ordered by the team? Why is the subject taboo?
The fact that no one talks about it is weird. I have no idea.

Truth is, usually a team has a guy like this lose weight because they think they are sloppy. They want them to trim down and add it back on. Also you are wrong on Bohanna, I know they had him lose weight to "rebuild" his body. But he was starting at like 360+ and I think he got down to 330.
Right, they thought Bohanna was too fat, but I bet 330 was the lightest he ever was. They didn't ask him to get into the 290s. And Mazi wasn't fat to start with so he didn't need to lose the same way.

The fact that we still don't know makes me suspicious the player had at least a big part in it. I don't think the Mickeys of the world would have a problem throwing Quinn under the bus now that he's gone.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fact that we still don't know makes me suspicious the player had at least a big part in it. I don't think the Mickeys of the world would have a problem throwing Quinn under the bus now that he's gone.
See I see it as the opposite. You're not allowed to question the team in a harsh manner. The players seem to be more of an ok thing.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
I have a hard time picturing a guy who was 330 pounds in college, getting to the NFL, with unlimited money (by comparison) and suddenly going, I'm going to lose 40 pounds of weight.

Just feels like a far stretch to me. Most guys get bigger when they hit the NFL, not smaller. Teams do weigh ins to make sure a guy isn't overweight, not underweight.

So while none of us know for sure (Which seems really stupid, someone could ask the guy) I think logic certainly has me leaning hard in one direction. And why the hell would there be a gag order on it, unless it was ordered by the team? Why is the subject taboo?
This.

Top Bottom