LOL @ the Redskins

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Bezos had bought them I would've been a bit concerned but this guy Harris is just your run of the mill sports owner. He'll be better than Snyder because a learning impaired horse would be better than Snyder, but he doesn't have anywhere near the upside someone like Bezos would've had.

It sucks because they probably won't be a consistent laughingstock anymore and they'll likely just be another random team that gets league average results, but if they end up being the Panthers or Browns or some shit does that significantly alter anything?

Like the rest of the league they'll be waiting around to luck into a superstar QB, which was true with Snyder as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let's see, fining someone $60M who is about to pocket $6.05B... yup, seems about right. :unsure
It goes to show you how much fucking money some of these assholes have. It is obscene. Snyder is perhaps one of the worst NFL owners of all-time, at least in terms of sheer ineptitude and meddling. Jerry Jones has clearly meddled at times, but he was corralled for all intents and purposes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The funny twist is how the national news is addressing this.

They are like, Snyder resisted the loud cries of the fans that disliked the team's racist nickname and that the fans of the Commanders want a franchise they can be proud of again.

Actually, they just want the Redskins back.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I find that hard to believe the Skins would change their name again, so soon after just changing it. And really, changing it twice, if you count "Football Team."

No NFL team has ever had three different names in just 5 or 6 years, have they? If so, it was 100 years ago. And now it's not so simple with all the merchandising and extensive league approval required.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Long ago when the name controversy really started, a Post writer, can't remember who, imagined a future where they were the Washington Pigskins. It was a part of a larger satirical article.

I thought he was trying a bit of inception with the name as it was not the main focus of the article.

Top Bottom