LOL @ the Redskins

BipolarFuk

Demoted

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
NFL Radio is saying Sean McVay is going to be promoted from TEs coach to OC. And they're keeping Haslett on as DC.

:lol

What was that again about Snyder changing and getting out of the way?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL Radio is saying Sean McVay is going to be promoted from TEs coach to OC. And they're keeping Haslett on as DC.

:lol

What was that again about Snyder changing and getting out of the way?
He got tired on walking on eggshells too.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What are you fools laughing about?

Don't you realize how much SICK FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE this guy McVay picked up while being some random, probable backup, player at the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI OF OHIO?

Don't you realize the NFL is straight up SCOURING the MAC for 22 year olds to hand NFL coaching jobs to right out of college?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I think they were probably moving on from Davis anyway so this shouldn't be a big thing for them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I think they were probably moving on from Davis anyway so this shouldn't be a big thing for them.
Not LOL worthy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Maybe he was in Colorado... Cut the man a break.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Maybe he was in Colorado... Cut the man a break.
It's going to be really interesting when these marijuana laws start changing in other states... I'm surprised that Denver Broncos' players have not, at least, petitioned the league claiming that the NFL ban on marijuana infringes on their States' rights. As long as they're not taking their stash with them when they travel, I don't see how they (Goodel & Co) can dictate what they now can do legally in their own homes. They don't ban alcohol or tobacco use, and it's not like these players are showing up to work high.

Smitty?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would say the league is a private entity and can run their business however they want.

My boss could fire me for being a tobacco smoker; the league can fire it's employees for being marijuana smokers. Private business.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would say the league is a private entity and can run their business however they want.

My boss could fire me for being a tobacco smoker; the league can fire it's employees for being marijuana smokers. Private business.
Yep. The same applies to military personnel in those two states. Even though purchasing and using marijuana is perfectly legal in those states you are still held to the standards put into place by your employers.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Yep. The same applies to military personnel in those two states. Even though purchasing and using marijuana is perfectly legal in those states you are still held to the standards put into place by your employers.
See, the military I can understand because their "employers" are the Federal government... but the NFL isn't even a typical business, and it's structured in such a way that prevents them from operating as such.

It all depends upon the wording of the contract and where and how the use of marijuana is classified. Is it covered under "illegal activities" or banned substances? It is most certainly not a performance enhancer, and much like alcohol, I don't think any of these players would be the stupid enough to come to a official team function high.

If they make a distinction between alcohol and marijuana IN Colorado... they will just come across as hypocrites.

dallen

Senior Tech
See, the military I can understand because their "employers" are the Federal government... but the NFL isn't even a typical business, and it's structured in such a way that prevents them from operating as such.

It all depends upon the wording of the contract and where and how the use of marijuana is classified. Is it covered under "illegal activities" or banned substances? It is most certainly not a performance enhancer, and much like alcohol, I don't think any of these players would be the stupid enough to come to a official team function high.

If they make a distinction between alcohol and marijuana IN Colorado... they will just come across as hypocrites.
The NFL already came out and said that players in Washington and Colorado are not exempt from the rule. It is part of the CBA

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is a non issue.

The league, which employs the players, has said no marijuana. They can fine, suspend, or fire players who don't abide by their rules.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If the way he speaks is any indication, this is going to be an awful hire.

Top Bottom