LOL @ The Eagles

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like this gem.

DEREK BARNETT
Remember how Nelson Agholor was a disaster with the Eagles paying him $9.4 million on his fifth-year option? Yeah, that wasn’t fun. It’s also not fun to see the Eagles pick up Barnett’s $10 million fifth-year option* only for him to have zero sacks and two quarterback hits despite leading all Philly edge rushers in snaps played.

Barnett also continues to commit frustrating penalties. He unwisely jumped offside to help the Cowboys convert a much more manageable 3rd-and-2 instead of 3rd-and-7. Barnett has just 1.5 fewer career penalties (18) than sacks (19.5). Not impossible that the penalties will overtake the sacks within a few weeks.

*The Eagles later restructured Barnett’s contract by adding avoid years to lower his 2021 cap hit. This maneuver made him untradeable this season and puts the Eagles on the hook for over $7.2 million in 2022 cap space after he’s likely (?) gone. Fun.

:lol
I'll admit I thought he would be a good NFL DE. Not so much. Just goes to show it's not an easy position to judge.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume at some point the Colts will sit Wentz out if/when it starts to look like they won't be making the playoffs.

So basically that pick should only be in the 20ish range or a 2nd rounder.
Would be beyond retarded for them not to. If they are out of contention I'd expect an injury to suddenly end his season. Shit there is a new one every week.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Would be beyond retarded for them not to. If they are out of contention I'd expect an injury to suddenly end his season. Shit there is a new one every week.
No kidding, they won't even have to fake one with him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jalen Hurts has looked a lot better than I thought he'd look. If he keeps this up I wonder if the Eagles would consider passing up a QB in the 1st round and just concentrate on adding more pieces around him. I don't think there's a "can't miss" QB prospect in next year's draft, so it wouldn't surprise me if they passed on QB.

The biggest difference I've noticed is he's getting the ball out of his hands faster. Looks like Steichen mostly built the Eagles pass attack on shallow passes and screens out in the flats. I'm guessing this is their answer to coaching around his main weakness....processing speed/holding the ball too long. So I'm not fully sold yet until I see him working the middle of the field and intermediate routes more regularly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jalen Hurts has looked a lot better than I thought he'd look. If he keeps this up I wonder if the Eagles would consider passing up a QB in the 1st round and just concentrate on adding more pieces around him. I don't think there's a "can't miss" QB prospect in next year's draft, so it wouldn't surprise me if they passed on QB.

The biggest difference I've noticed is he's getting the ball out of his hands faster. Looks like Steichen mostly built the Eagles pass attack on shallow passes and screens out in the flats. I'm guessing this is their answer to coaching around his main weakness....processing speed/holding the ball too long. So I'm not fully sold yet until I see him working the middle of the field and intermediate routes more regularly.
Yeah I'd be always looking to replace him because he is a limited passer but if I were the Eagles I wouldn't force a QB pick next year with all the trash either.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

1bigfan13

Staff member
I hope the eagles do stick with Hurts though. They'll never win.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's playing outstanding. My point is he looks like a functionable NFL QB this year. Last year he looked completely lost like he had no business being on an NFL field.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If he keeps this up I wonder if the Eagles would consider passing up a QB in the 1st round and just concentrate on adding more pieces around him.
How many more pieces? The WRs are about maxxed out in terms of draft capital. They need to shore up their OL a bit.

I completely disagree with how you view Hurts. I don't think he has what it takes.

1bigfan13

Staff member
How many more pieces? The WRs are about maxxed out in terms of draft capital. They need to shore up their OL a bit.

I completely disagree with how you view Hurts. I don't think he has what it takes.
I didn't say he has what it takes. I said he looks a lot better than I expected.

I expected a trainwreck based on what he did the final month at OU and in the games he played last year. He's been anything but a trainwreck this year. He's looked like a functional journeyman-type QB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I didn't say he has what it takes. I said he looks a lot better than I expected.

I expected a trainwreck based on what he did the final month at OU and in the games he played last year. He's been anything but a trainwreck this year. He's looked like a functional journeyman-type QB.
Don't compliment Daniel Jones either. I found out the hard way. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom