Likely Landing Spots, Trade Packages for Raiders Star Amari Cooper

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd rather use the high pick on a QB.
Me too but you can get WRs in other rounds. Dont want to waste resources on a WR who I think is declining a d going to cost a good chunk of change.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We are not a wr away from competing so wasting even a 7th is asinine

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
We probably need a #1 WR, a LT, possibly a C...and oh yeah, a QB.

jaf1224

Not So New Member
Sounds like a must do to me.

After getting assraped on a trade we get to watch him streak down the field wide open and Dak not see him or watch Dak throw it to him and it clang off his hands.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Think it needs to depend on what we have to give up.

A first rounder? No way.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I would absolutely hate if we gave up even a 2nd rounder for Cooper. I could maybe be talked into a third, but only because he's still young and has an upside.

But unless we are planning on scrapping this coaching staff, I don't see the benefit of trading for him at all. Why spend valuable resources on a guy we will misuse? We can just pick up another shitty WR off the scrap heap to run 8 yard comebacks on 3rd and ten.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would absolutely hate if we gave up even a 2nd rounder for Cooper. I could maybe be talked into a third, but only because he's still young and has an upside.

But unless we are planning on scrapping this coaching staff, I don't see the benefit of trading for him at all. Why spend valuable resources on a guy we will misuse? We can just pick up another shitty WR off the scrap heap to run 8 yard comebacks on 3rd and ten.
Nah, we already have TEs that can do that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Nah, we already have TEs that can do that.
The majority of the time our WRs do, too. Hell, even if it's not 3rd down. Rarely do we see a receiver run past the sticks, or even sit down on them. They're always short a yard or two. If the defender is on them, which is most of the time, they're tackled at the spot.

One of the most damning thing about our passing attack is the lack of YAC. The majority of our routes are run to the sideline on an out, some type of comeback or curl, or the receiver will just sit down in a spot when the defense is in zone. It seems most of our route designs are designed to NOT gain any YAC. Why?

It's pretty damn rare to see us try to hit a receiver on the move with a crossing route. Once in a while we see it with Beasley, but even he runs a lot of stops. Either in the middle or at the sideline. Is it because they're afraid of Dak trying to hit a receiver on the move over the middle? Shitty play design? Both?

It seems our only route where a WR can gain any YAC is the go route. I miss the slant and skinny post.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The majority of the time our WRs do, too. Hell, even if it's not 3rd down. Rarely do we see a receiver run past the sticks, or even sit down on them. They're always short a yard or two. If the defender is on them, which is most of the time, they're tackled at the spot.

One of the most damning thing about our passing attack is the lack of YAC. The majority of our routes are run to the sideline on an out, some type of comeback or curl, or the receiver will just sit down in a spot when the defense is in zone. It seems most of our route designs are designed to NOT gain any YAC. Why?

It's pretty damn rare to see us try to hit a receiver on the move with a crossing route. Once in a while we see it with Beasley, but even he runs a lot of stops. Either in the middle or at the sideline. Is it because they're afraid of Dak trying to hit a receiver on the move over the middle? Shitty play design? Both?
I do not have answers to your questions, fine sir. I wish I did.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's the plays and offense we run. That's the only answer.
But we used to run them even just a couple years ago. Dez used to run the slant quite often. Then they faded away and all he ran was back shoulder fades, stops, and 50/50 jump balls. Now I can't remember the last time I saw one.

They seemed to disappear right abut the time... Dak showed up.

Top Bottom