Latest on potential reinstatement of Randy Gregory in 2018

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
What would his cap hit be if we give him a shot? IDK....maybe some rotational snaps :shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would his cap hit be if we give him a shot? IDK....maybe some rotational snaps :shrug
Almost nothing. Like maybe a 1 mil. And if he doesn't work out we can just cut him. He is still on his rookie deal and he was a second round pick.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Almost nothing. Like maybe a 1 mil. And if he doesn't work out we can just cut him. He is still on his rookie deal and he was a second round pick.
I don't think the Cowboys want to move on. I think the main issue is there may have been additional failed tests.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think the Cowboys want to move on. I think the main issue is there may have been additional failed tests.
Yeah but in that case he costs nothing against the cap and his rookie contract continues to toll. I just don't know what type of physical shape he is in if he did actually get reinstate. He may be washed up at this point.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
^^ That's what I've been wondering about. Is he in shape? Much less "football shape"?
If we give him one last shot I'm sure it's gonna take a lot of work to get conditioned and knock off the rust. Been hard to watch so much talent wasted over the past few years.
Just another one if Jerry's 2nd round toys he likes to throw the dice on.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Our generation didn’t do so bad. We handed you a great country but it seems to be going to hell.

Our generation sucked -- self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-involved, privileged, navel-gazing pretenders who thought we were going to change the world but instead consumed most of its resources to feather our own nests.

We're bankrupting Social Security and Medicare and leaving the final tally to our successor generations.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Really, I guess the stands he has taken on women's rights and the right to kneel during the National anthem had me thinking otherwise. Seems like every issue besides weed he seems to come out on the Liberal side of things.
My understanding of conservative values, you would think that kneeling during the National Anthem (made so in 1931) was ok, Constitutional right in all. Unless you mean the bastardized over patriotic nationalist bullshit, some conservatives like to pass as a real value, then I see your point

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Our generation sucked -- self-absorbed, self-indulgent, self-involved, privileged, navel-gazing pretenders who thought we were going to change the world but instead consumed most of its resources to feather our own nests.

We're bankrupting Social Security and Medicare and leaving the final tally to our successor generations.
I’m not so sure we are of the same generation.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Really, I guess the stands he has taken on women's rights and the right to kneel during the National anthem had me thinking otherwise. Seems like every issue besides weed he seems to come out on the Liberal side of things.

The right to dissent, to protest, to express a political point of view -- is among the most fundamental of our rights. The expression of those views may offend the sensibilities of some, but according to the Founding Fathers that's not supposed to matter. If the NFL tried to challenge that right in court it would be strangled in its crib.

The ownership of NFL teams is for the most part a collection of neanderthals -- knuckle draggers in every sense except for the accumulation of wealth in spite of their other failings. To them, pot is a greater scourge, a holdover from the '60s, when the ne'er-do-wells in their fraternities were getting laid and they weren't.

They know they can't challenge the uppity players who protest. They're the ones drawing fans and paying the bills.

But they can crack down on pot for a few marginal losers like Gregory. That keeps the beer-drinking fan base mollified.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The right to dissent, to protest, to express a political point of view -- is among the most fundamental of our rights. The expression of those views may offend the sensibilities of some, but according to the Founding Fathers that's not supposed to matter. If the NFL tried to challenge that right in court it would be strangled in its crib.

The ownership of NFL teams is for the most part a collection of neanderthals -- knuckle draggers in every sense except for the accumulation of wealth in spite of their other failings. To them, pot is a greater scourge, a holdover from the '60s, when the ne'er-do-wells in their fraternities were getting laid and they weren't.

They know they can't challenge the uppity players who protest. They're the ones drawing fans and paying the bills.

But they can crack down on pot for a few marginal losers like Gregory. That keeps the beer-drinking fan base mollified.
The right to freedom of speech does not extend to the hours while working. If you went to work and started spewing racist shit you can't hide behind freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't protect you from repercussion from other individuals. It only protects your from the government.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
The right to freedom of speech does not extend to the hours while working. If you went to work and started spewing racist shit you can't hide behind freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't protect you from repercussion from other individuals. It only protects your from the government.

That's true, absolutely. But if you have a workforce whose presence on the field is the only thing filling the coffers, it changes the power equation.

It's not one employee raising a ruckus, it's a majority of players -- who happen to be black, who feel strongly about an issue. The sight of them kneeling, or with bowed heads, sends a powerful message, which is their objective.

The league's choice would be to crack down on all of them, sanction them somehow -- suspensions or whatever. That would be disastrous. Goodell and company know that.

It seems to be an issue that has come and gone -- until the next time a cop, or cops, gun down an unarmed young black man. Hopefully that won't happen and the whole thing will die of inertia.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

1946 to 1964 defines the Baby Boom generation. I know I fall in there. Maybe the mindset is just different.
I predate that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's true, absolutely. But if you have a workforce whose presence on the field is the only thing filling the coffers, it changes the power equation.

It's not one employee raising a ruckus, it's a majority of players -- who happen to be black, who feel strongly about an issue. The sight of them kneeling, or with bowed heads, sends a powerful message, which is their objective.

The league's choice would be to crack down on all of them, sanction them somehow -- suspensions or whatever. That would be disastrous. Goodell and company know that.

It seems to be an issue that has come and gone -- until the next time a cop, or cops, gun down an unarmed young black man. Hopefully that won't happen and the whole thing will die of inertia.
I mean it's really no different than handing a player a fine for not talking to the media after a game. Or if you look at the NBA handing Mark Cuban a massive fine for talking about taboo subjects. But you're right, the NFL is afraid of backlash of fighting back. Easier to just appease the players than to lay down the law. Of course it may be hurting the bottom line to do so.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Can you imagine if this guy becomes an actual player?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
has he put on weight or is he still a skinny fuck who gets engulfed by mammoth OTs?

Top Bottom