Kavner: Garrett Addresses Run-Pass Check, Red Zone Failure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We could've gotten a 1st down at the 1 yard line as well, so, in theory, we had 7 chances to score. Instead, getting cute nearly bit us in the ass.
Nearly? I'd say getting cute took a giant bite out of our ass. First, it cost us 4 pts. Second, I'd say that it was a big momentum swing. If we had completed a long TD drive to answer the defensive TD just given up, it could have gone a long way towards the way things played out. But instead, we resorted to our spineless ways and gave the momentum/confidence to the Niners defense right after putting them on skates and shoving them backwards down the field.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That play was inexcusable. Run the ball up the gut 3 times in a row if you have to and score a touchdown. If you can't score from the 2 yard line with a quick-hitting run and our o-line, well then just go home. There is no excuse for "miscommunication" ...Garrett should tell Romo, "DO NOT AUDIBLE FROM A RUN, JACKASS." ...and then smash them in the face. Goddamn this team pisses me off.
Yep.

It's just as much on Garrett as Romo. The quote from him that says "hopefully we will handle that situation better next time" still has me fuming. There is no hopefully... you're the god damn coach... make it fucking happen.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Nearly? I'd say getting cute took a giant bite out of our ass. First, it cost us 4 pts. Second, I'd say that it was a big momentum swing. If we had completed a long TD drive to answer the defensive TD just given up, it could have gone a long way towards the way things played out. But instead, we resorted to our spineless ways and gave the momentum/confidence to the Niners defense right after putting them on skates and shoving them backwards down the field.
I was referring to the TD that Murray scored on 4th down. We got cute on that goal line drive, too.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yep.

It's just as much on Garrett as Romo. The quote from him that says "hopefully we will handle that situation better next time" still has me fuming. There is no hopefully... you're the god damn coach... make it fucking happen.
Please. He'll watch the tape, learn from it, and get better. He practices hard, he tries hard, he plays hard. It's a process. Why are you being so negative?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Please. He'll watch the tape, learn from it, and get better. He practices hard, he tries hard, he plays hard. It's a process. Why are you being so negative?
I don't know why I expect it to be any different this year. It's not like he's a different coach. This is the exact same shit that lost us games last year. Why should it be any different this year?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't know why I expect it to be any different this year. It's not like he's a different coach. This is the exact same shit that lost us games last year. Why should it be any different this year?
If it makes you feel any better, it won't be. It'll be the same shit as last year, but with a worse win/loss record. We're a shinier version of the Dave Campo dumpster fire, shit stain collection of losers.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What a clueless fool Garrett is.

Overreact? It's not an overreaction when there are countless examples of what happened on Sunday to point to over the 7-plus years that Garrett has influenced this offense.

It's a pattern, a trend, a habit....whatever you want to call it, it is a frustrating and never-ending weakness in the Garrett offense that has always rears its ugly head before too long.

So no, it is not an overreaction. Fans are just tired of it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
IRVING, Texas – The red zone issues Sunday left many wondering how often Tony Romo should have the ability to check out of run plays, particularly close to the goal line.

Head coach Jason Garrett said the coaches make evaluations “all the time” regarding how often Romo has the option to check from run to pass and vice versa. But it doesn’t sound like Romo will be limited in that regard going forward, despite the Cowboys’ red zone issues and unwillingness to run in close quarters during Sunday’s game.

Last edited by a moderator:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just started watching the game again because I am a masochist.

Good fucking God.

We had momentum after the Dunbar catch and run and we just fucked it up.

It was meant to be a Bryant fade, so they could just kill the drive with that.

How selfish and stupid.

A simple handoff to Murray gets a TD.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Just started watching the game again because I am a masochist.

Good fucking God.

We had momentum after the Dunbar catch and run and we just fucked it up.

It was meant to be a Bryant fade, so they could just kill the drive with that.

How selfish and stupid.

A simple handoff to Murray gets a TD.
I was planning on suffering through it again but my DVR decided to spare me the misery by committing suicide earlier today. Sure, I lost hundreds of hours of recorded TV & movies, but at least I didn't have to watch that shitshow again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was planning on suffering through it again but my DVR decided to spare me the misery by committing suicide earlier today. Sure, I lost hundreds of hours of recorded TV & movies, but at least I didn't have to watch that shitshow again.
It was Jones fault that your DVR crashed. :art

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, with second and one at the two, at some point you have to just say, "we're running this three times straight and even if we only get one yard, we get three more chances."
They tried it with Barber one time and it didn't work.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I love how if they fail at running the ball a few times they basically give up on it, but when Romo is struggling they have no problem throwing out around.

Top Bottom